Why become a member? ×

LH Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray 4 string USA

bigjimmyc

Hi lefties.
A bloke near me is flogging a 2005 US Musicman for £800 including the hard case.

Condition is apparently good except for a fingernail sized chip on the bottom of the body. I fancy it but have never played one before. I play finger style heavy rock - is it more of a funky slapping machine?

Can anyone offer advice on whether this is good value or not?

Cheers
Jim

Based on what's around I'd say maybe £800 is a touch high, maybe low £700 would be about right (from the lefties i've seen come up anyway).

Defintely not just a funk machine though, the first Rage Against the Machine record was recorded with a Stingray!
Also Brian Marshall from Alter Bridge is a fan of the Stingray 5 (amongst many other people).

If you've got nothing to loose, go try it out! :D

[quote name='Sammers' timestamp='1465044767' post='3064910']
Based on what's around I'd say maybe £800 is a touch high, maybe low £700 would be about right (from the lefties i've seen come up anyway).

Defintely not just a funk machine though, the first Rage Against the Machine record was recorded with a Stingray!
Also Brian Marshall from Alter Bridge is a fan of the Stingray 5 (amongst many other people).

If you've got nothing to loose, go try it out! :D
[/quote]Thanks mate! Will let you know how I go on. Love RATM!

• 1 month later...

Ok, so it has flat wound stings on. I've never experienced them before, so I can't tell if I'm just thrilled with my new bass or if it's these strings!

I love the feel of them. I'm playing unplugged due to small children, but if it sounds even half as good as it feels I'm converted!

• 1 month later...