Why become a member? ×

SOLD GMR Soundboard 5 Poplar burl top @ £600 SOLD
£680

koval123

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Another nice GMR for sale - this time a thing of a beauty and a powerful sound. Namely, custom made Soundboard 5 stringer in very good condition.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It features bolt-on 5 pieces Maple-Wenge thin-profiled neck with Ebony fretboard and Swamp Ash body topped with stunning book-matched Poplar burl. All this in high gloss finish.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hardware-wise it sports Bassculture humbuckers ([/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]handwound by Christof Dolph, Germany), [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]NOLL TCM 3 PM (for parametric middle) preamp and ETS solid brass bridge with adjustable spacing.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It carries little signs of use and offers great playability. The weight is about 5 kg / 11 lb.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PayPal payment possible [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]with transaction fee shared 50/50[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif], shipping cost within EU w[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ould be[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]25. It will be shipped in Rock Bass hardshell case.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Photos can be found here: [/font][/color][url="http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/koval123/slideshow/GMR%205%20str%20Poplar%20top?sort=3"]http://s1030.photobu...ar%20top?sort=3[/url]

Edited by koval123

@Ted59:

I admit it's on the heavy side, but it pays off with the sound.

As for your request:
width at nut: 48mm
spacing at nut: 10mm
spacing at bridge: 18mm (can be adjusted + 1mm /- 1,5mm)
scale: 34" (standard long scale)

I hope it helps.

Wow, this is a very pretty bass. i cannot believe it has not sold. I used to work on Denmark Street in London, near a shop where GMR had their showroom and this basses are great, definitely top quality. Good luck selling it. Wish I had the cash but I'm actually selling some of my basses.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='itzing' timestamp='1467478658' post='3084013']
Beautiful ... where is it made ?
[/quote]

GMR basses used to be made in Poland , but the company has recently moved to the U.K. and the prices have increased enormously over the last couple of years.

I have already bought two GMR basses of Koval, and both basses look and sound superb!
To me they are comparable with the Warwick custom shop sound and build quality , but for a fraction of the price and I prefer the hardware (bridge) on the GMR basses over that on the Warwick basses. At this price this bass is a steal and Koval is a real gent to deal with, no complaints here, I'm completely hooked on GMR basses now.. :)

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='Bassdude BE' timestamp='1467487894' post='3084110']
GMR basses used to be made in Poland , but the company has recently moved to the U.K. and the prices have increased enormously over the last couple of years.

I have already bought two GMR basses of Koval, and both basses look and sound superb!
To me they are comparable with the Warwick custom shop sound and build quality , but for a fraction of the price and I prefer the hardware (bridge) on the GMR basses over that on the Warwick basses. At this price this bass is a steal and Koval is a real gent to deal with, no complaints here, I'm completely hooked on GMR basses now.. :)
[/quote]

Hi,

With all respect - GMR basses are hand made in POLAND since long time... Please ask Mr Roman(owner) if You do not believe, and yes they are great indeed!

Sorry Zvirus, but I've heard the company has since moved to the U.K.,
here's a message from Daniel himself posted on this very forum,so I think your information might be a little bit outdated?...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi chaps,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]glad you like our basses. We have indeed moved the whole company to the UK. We thought, we'll try to go against the flow, and rather then try to find some way's of making bigger profit producing them using cheaper labor or materials for example , we'll forever try to improve our 'babies'. Quality of finish, materials and components used are very important to us, thus the move. Also having the showroom or 'the HQ' as we call it, on Denmark Street, means easy access to our basses for people interested.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Specially voiced John East preamps are being fitted as a standard feature now. Also there's a wide range of different pick up options available, although I do swear by Bassculture Pickups. They hand made , by Christoff in Germany, near Dusseldorf. Lovely guy as well. P-up maniac :-).[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Daniel[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You can find the original post (with some pictures of my 2 GMR basses in the thread as well) here:[/font][/color]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/103328-gmr-basses-anybody-got-any-experience-of-them/"]http://basschat.co.u...rience-of-them/[/url]

kind regards,
Donovan

Edited by Bassdude BE

Thanks Donovan, your feedback is always appreciated. You've got the blonde Bassforce (padaouk on maple) with a very interesting organic sound. It's always good to hear that you've made a happy customer and I'm going to keep it that way.
As for the GMR company I've heard that they've recently moved back to Poland making mostly custom-ordered basses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...