Why become a member? ×

Dingwall AB1 XXX (3X) Five String - Withdrawn
£2400

Dood

This will be the only price drop I will be making. [b]£2200[/b] to include shipping (Uk price, anywhere else will probably need to add extra). In the sale a hard case and outer cardboard box for shipping. (I'll absorb that cost)

Payment will be via Bank Transfer. You may also pop over and collect the instrument which will mean that you won't have to worry about shipping etc.

If you wish to place a deposit down then I will hold the instrument for you, higher deposit means I hold it longer however if you change your mind you will [b]lose[/b] all of the deposit.

Ideally I'd like to see the bass sold asap. Cash is king so that doesn't necessarily mean I won't talk money if you have want the bass quickly.

Sorry, Typo: "If you want to have the bass quickly"

Also, the current nearest equivalent model (not including the 3 band Glockenklang preamp etc) at Bassdirect is currently marked at sale price of £2799. So for £2200 you are getting a lot of bass for your money!!

Edited by dood

I got to have a noodle on this at the weekend. Fabulous, fabulous neck and beautiful to play.
Sadly not for me due to a childhood phobia of custard but someone will be very happy.
Of course the Dood is a gracious gent so deal in total confidence...

[quote name='andybassdoyle' timestamp='1468963316' post='3094795']
I got to have a noodle on this at the weekend. Fabulous, fabulous neck and beautiful to play.
Sadly not for me due to a childhood phobia of custard but someone will be very happy.
Of course the Dood is a gracious gent so deal in total confidence...
[/quote]

Awww Bless ya chap!

Funnily, I'm not a fan of custard! - Unless it's those really nice Custard Cream biscuits..

Anyway, it pains me to think that I might have to sell the Combustion first; I'd really rather not entertain shifting other kit. No one interested in this AB1 at all? A lot of bass for a big discount over a new price AND no 9 month wait for a custom order. (This isn't a standard model)

[quote name='Doman' timestamp='1469037159' post='3095314']
Sorry mate. If I could afford it right now I'd already snap it. That's exactly what I'm after. But I can't. At least at this time. :(
[/quote]

I can take a deposit to hold it for a bit.

[quote name='Doman' timestamp='1469102237' post='3095730']
You don't want to. ;)
It's more a matter of few months than few weeks, so glwts. If it will be up by then i'll contact You.
[/quote]

Awww Doman, well I hope that you manage to get sorted as you need and should the AB1 still be available, shoot me a line! No problem.

*** For those interested, I could entertain a small amount of travel if need be. I'm also down in London around once a month too for meet ups etc. ***

An 'Either this or my Combustion for sale' bump. Quick sale needed so will listen to purchase suggestions on the AB1 - or will deal on both at the same time!

[quote name='Jigster' timestamp='1469369618' post='3097745']
Ah, spotted it. As you were, too many strings. GLWTS :)
[/quote]

Too many strings? Don't be daft! Practice, practice, practice! :) :) :)

Ball busting price drop. The best I can do here is £2100 PLUS shipping - or collect. That's a grand off the list price. A grand!!

Edit: Price back up to £2200

Edited by dood

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1469571443' post='3099539']
Wish I could grab this from you bud. Not enough room in the stable for 3 basses though!
[/quote]

There's always space for one more! I'm sure we can find a way - ping me a message if you'd like to sort something out chap!

Well here we are! Bump for a beautiful instrument.

I'm trying to figure out a way to keep both this and my Dingwall Combustion advertised. If the Combustion sells outright then I may just be able to take this off sale.

I'm thinking about trades but basses may not sway me as I don't really want to have to sell these basses anyway.

Instruments I am thinking about, but not necessarily in need of: Fender PB70-US (PB78) - (A neck). Possibly a RW Mike Dirnt but would depend on price. Cabronita P bass, 51/54 huge neck P (CIJ not CS). I'll need to try some of these I think!
Although I've my eye on a s/h Roland TD kit so cash is king meaning I can pay bills and the cash left over will go towards bits & pieces.

I wouldn't be too upset if another Barefaced Big Twin II came up *at the right price*.

Edited by dood

Time to start winding down for the weekend, treat yourself to something to keep you smiling. One lovely Dingwall bass in an eye catching colour! PM me, lets talk!

Amazed to still see this here. I'm rethinking trades and will update the thread accordingly. Ping me a message if you are interested in this bass, maybe we can work something out.