Why become a member? ×

Fender Japan Marcus Miller Jazz, sold
£725

HarryPotter

Now reduced to £600, no offers at this price please.

Trade value £650.

I'm not looking forward to doing this but family and work mean I'm just not getting to play any more, and being realistic, I'm not going to for a while to come.

So I'm selling my Marcus MIller Jazz, it's a crafted in Japan (circa 2006 according to Fender).

The only modification made over standard is I fitted Fender noiseless jazz bass pickups (I'm an electrical engineer so it was done properly) - the reason for this is I was having problems with feedback on hearing aid loops (played in a few church bands), switching to the vintage noiseless (stacked humbuckers essentially) solved this problem, but didn't affect the character of this instrument too much. The originals can be included in the sale.

It also comes with a fitted hard case (non Fender - which isn't a bad things as regards instrument security) which is in good used condition (has a few minor knocks but that's what a case is for isn't it?)

Bass condition is very good, not mint but very very good (given it's been my sole gigging bass for some years now - probably seen off 200 gigs or so with it!), there's a small chip on the lower horn (there when I bought it) and a chip on the curve of the headstock, very light marks on the back (I usually wear long t-shirts while I play so no buckle rash to speak of).

Currently strung with deep talking flats.

So aside from everything you read about these great basses what can I add? Well build quality is excellent, as is the quality of hardware, but what really sets these basses apart for me is the necks - easily the best Jazz neck I've ever tried (includes Geddy Lee necks) - the neck is really quite exceptional if you like a Jazz neck, I'm not a MM fan myself but his bass is awesome.

Weight is 9.5lbs - 4.3Kg, so not particularly heavy for an ash bodied bass.

£600 firm, includes fitted hard case, can arrange shipping at cost (probably £25 in the UK) but would prefer face to face - happy to meet up within 50 miles of B64.

I would consider a trade (I know what's been said at the top, but never say never eh?) - would be looking for a cheaper (but decent please, say £2-300 quids worth of bass with cash my way).

Just noticed the pics are really diddy, so happy to e-mail larger versions of them to genuinely interested people.

Picture of the pickups is shown so you can see the model - I put the originals in this box, they are not included in this sale.

I did have feedback on here, but haven't needed to trade any gear for so long (yes this bass is so good it cured my GAS) that I can't find it :s

Edited by HarryPotter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...