Why become a member? ×

Patrick Eggle Berlin Stage T 1994 - now withdraw
£400

Due to family and work commitments I don't get to play any more, and probably won't for a while so moving on my remaining gear :(

This is the guitar I thought I'd never sell, but times change.

1994 (smack in the middle of the 'golden era' for Eggles), Patrick Eggle Berlin Stage T, 24 fret model.

For those who don't know much about these guitars they were true luthier build quality instruments from Brum I think, using top quality woods & hardware.

The result is a wonderful guitar, beautifully built and massively underrated (although the few that come up for sale are starting to appreciate in value), they are better than any other guitar on the planet at this used price point.

Body is 1 piece Brazilian Mahogany (might be Honduran, but definitely one piece), set neck is Mahogany & Indian Rosewood, floating Wilkinson Tremelo, Sperzel locking machine heads, Seymour Duncan humbuckers with a coil tap.

The tone of the instrument is similar to an SG, but with epic sustain, and it can do Fender impressions with the coil tap.

The neck is fantastic, really wonderful to play and overall the guitar is lightweight and well balanced.

It's been mine since new (21 years) and in that time has been gigged - a lot, this means mojo - it has it's fair share of knocks, bumps etc. but nothing serious, plenty of life left in the frets and everything works as it should (only thing to note here is the truss rod cover has one screw and the corner is broken as in the pics - but this is a piece of plastic, so no biggie to me). The guitar itself is very flexible and responds to changes in setup very well (it's been set for slide, had 14's on it during my SRV phase etc.) at the moment it has the trem locked down and a nice medium low action.

Comes with a hard case, that's the same age as the guitar so a few knocks but fully functional.

One luthier who set it up for me years ago described this one as a 'beautiful guitar' and if I ever sold it to give him a call (sadly can't remember who he was now - doh!).

Includes the case, not really after trades but may consider a trade for a P style bass, or an Ibanez K5 (for the same reasons as this thread here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/286258-"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/286258-[/url])

Pics are diddy so can mail full size ones to anybody serious.

Can ship (at cost) but prefer Face to Face - happy to meet up within 50 miles of B64.

Edited by HarryPotter

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1465373842' post='3067565']
These are lovely, and the Duncans are more desirable than the Armstrong Pickups also fitted around that time.
I'm pretty sure the neck is mahogany, not maple, and probably quartersawn.
[/quote]

It'd help if I could type :s

Updated neck wood to suit, can't tell what the cut was, I just know it's beautiful to play, and has that 'played in feel' which you'd expect given how much it's been played.

The pickups are lovely, and now they're old, they're sweeter than ever :)

• 2 weeks later...