Why become a member? ×

Boss FS-6 switch not working - repair

Grangur

Hi there Good people of BC,

AGES ago I bought an FS-6 from a store. There was no packaging and no instructions.
I couldn't get it to work as an A/B switch and thought I's being thick. I let it go for ages and tries again this last weekend. I've come to the conclusion that the thing is faulty. The onoff of the B channel works ok, but the A is dead as can be.

Well, it's well and truly out of warranty I guess. So being a dab-hand with a soldering iron I thought I'd get it open, check the socket etc and get it working. There can't be much wrong.

So I removed all the screws on the bottom and I can't get the bottom off. So I removed all the screws on the top and still no joy...

I've slid bits and pulled bits and nowt seems to give much. Does anyone here have any experience in getting into these things?

Do you know, if I get it open will I be any better off?

Any other tips?

Many thanks

Rich

• 3 weeks later...

I can't help you with how to get this apart but my first thought was to ask how you are trying to use this?

The fs-6 is designed to switch external things, usually to replace a channel footswitch for an amp or to switch 2 different things like an amp channel and a pedal trigger, if you are trying to use it to switch between 2 instruments or between 2 amps then unfortunately you have the wrong piece of kit.

Matt

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1466938588' post='3079809']
I can't help you with how to get this apart but my first thought was to ask how you are trying to use this?

The fs-6 is designed to switch external things, usually to replace a channel footswitch for an amp or to switch 2 different things like an amp channel and a pedal trigger, if you are trying to use it to switch between 2 instruments or between 2 amps then unfortunately you have the wrong piece of kit.

Matt
[/quote]

Hi Matt, I'd actually hoped this thread was buried and forgotten. :)
A while after posting i watched a review of the pedal anD worked out that this thing isn't designed for doing what I'd hoped.

Many thanks for your help though.

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1466942810' post='3079848']
Sorry!

If you're handy with a soldering iron then building an a/b switch is a pretty simple job, all the parts are available on eBay and it shouldn't take you very long to wire it up

Matt
[/quote]

:D
That's a good point. Thanks