Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Status-Graphite Energy 4 (graphite neck) Modified
£500

fretmeister

[size=4]Due to the catastrophic MOT failure I've just had (subframe has basically rotted) I need to sell some much loved things.[/size]

[size=4]I really have no idea on the price of modified instruments so I've picked the price roughly based on what I had to pay to re-buy a fretless of almost identical (modified) spec that I sold on here and went round a few people before it came home.[/size]

[color=#34495E][font=Lato, sans-serif][size=2]
[size=4]I have owned this for donkeys years and as you can see from the pics it has some scars, scratches, dings, finger nail gouges etc. It has been played and gigged a lot.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4]It has been modified. In between the stock J pickups is a Dimarzio Will Power (Billy Sheehan) model pickup. That goes to it's own output with just a volume control. The stock J pickups go to a blend and a tone (active treble control). The battery was originally in the control cavity but with the extra Vol pot there wasn't any room, so it now has it's own new location and cover as seen on the back.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4]The reason was so I could have entirely different signals going to 2 different amps - like Jon Entwhistle / Billy Sheehan etc.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4]The work was done by our favourite luthier Paul_C / Arrowhead Guitars.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4]It plays very nicely and is fitted with a nearly new set of GHS Pressurewound strings.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4]You will notice the £100 Gotoh D-Tuner on the headstock. You can see that one of the little washers on the tuning head bit (not the d-tuner bit) has split. It still functions perfectly so I haven't tried to disassemble it to replace the washer.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4]For those that don't know - these early Status models do not have a Truss Rod. The neck is very straight and stable. I have a medium-low action. It could probably go a little lower on the saddles for players that aren't as heavy handed.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4]The very best bit is the graphite neck. Super stable and never goes out of tune. Sometimes I've had light 30-90 slappers on it, and sometimes heavy old flats. No movement at all.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4]Unfortunately I need to replace my car so I can't be sentimental about this lovely old girl.[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[/size][/font][/color]

[/size][/font][/color]

[/size][/font][/color]

[/size][/font][/color]

[/size][/font][/color]

[/size][/font][/color]

[size=2]
[size=4]I have a generic softcase that will fit.[/size][/size]
[size=2]
[size=4]I've seen some mint non-modded ones sell used in shops at about £750[/size][/size]
[size=4]
[size=4][font=inherit]Taking into account the battle scars and the mods, and the need for a new car, and the amazing graphite neck I'm looking for quite a lot less at about[/font][font=inherit][b] £500 or near offer. Don't be shy about offers.[/b][/font][/size][/size]
[size=2]
[size=4]Buyers can either collect or arrange their own courier at their own risk. I'm in Northamptonshire, near to J16 on the M1[/size][/size][size=2]
[size=4]ta. [/size][/size]
[size=2]
[size=4]I'm hoping to avoid selling the fretless ones as well, but if needs be... FML.[/size][/size]
[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='jassbass' timestamp='1467193723' post='3081752']
This looks interesting, can the pbass pickups be used at same time as status ones?thanks
[/quote]

On different outputs yes. If you want them into the same amp then you'll need to use a Y cable or a mixer box.