Why become a member? ×

Jon Anderson does Awaken with choir and orchestra - Warning prog content

ead

Apologies if this has been seen before but a friend told me about this and after having a listen tonight I thought I should share it just in case it has been overlooked somehow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Va3e_52TE

I agree with comments so far. Their version of 'Close to the Edge' is awesome too.

Makes Yes Symphonic and Magnification pale.

I think it comes down to a combination of fantastic musicians and a really, really good orchestral arranger.

Yes, it did make the rounds a while back, but by god..its worth highlighting again, the 77 version off Going for the One always made me shiver, and watching Yes do it last year, was SO disappointing, this however is utterly gorgeous, and brings back those old feelings. Good call Ead, to show it again, it has made my day!!!!

My first thoughts were 'well we need another live version of a Yes song' but I've eaten my words punctuation and all. Brilliant. Jon's voice is great and without Steve Howe's noodling and Rick 'why play one note when ten will do' Wakeman on it it's a much more faithful version.
And yes, with Jon back in the fold Yes wouldn't be a tribute act.

• 2 weeks later...