Why become a member? ×

A full bass composition "farewell to 2015"

muratceyhan

Hi there,

I had recorded this during last week of 2015 as a farewell. So hope you like it...

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KifsEKwCMSc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KifsEKwCMSc[/url]

The instruments and equipments I used are already introduced in the video.

Any comments are always welcome.

Thanks
Murat
[twitter]mceyhan[/twitter]

[quote name='muratceyhan' timestamp='1465565910' post='3069331']...
Any comments are always welcome...
[/quote]

Well done, lad; well done indeed. Very nice 'layering', excellent tone throughout, and a nicely edited, informative video. It doesn't get much better than that; congratulations. There's definitely an Oriental twist to some of your runs and licks, which I find refreshing (they may not seem so to you, of course..! :D ).
One remark (not a criticism, I hasten to add...); I would have liked to have had a progression in there (up a tone..?, a middle eight'..? a 'B' part, then back to 'A'..?). The original 'building block' lick is fine; it could have handled evolving. Just my dumb view (and I'm a drummer, so what would I know, anyway..? :blush: ).
Welcome again, then,and keep 'em coming. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Dad3353

Dear Dad3353,
Thanks very much for your kind, constructive and encouraging feedback.
As a drummer, you have given the most valuable critics so far. I do really appreciate your time & effort for listening, and spending time for commenting.

As per the building block, I agree with your opinion. A variation in the lowest block, would have add another taste to harmony. I take this a very-well addressed point for my next work :)

Once more, my sincere thanks.

Best regards,
Murat

Nicely put together Murat.
I will listen on headphones later but even on crappy computer the tones sound excellent ! I really enjoyed it.

I would have to agree with Dad on the progression front....it sounded at about 2.14 (nice slide up) that it was going to move on but didn't. I was waiting for the move later but never came.....

Anyway, I can't really talk about progression because I'm pretty naff at it !!

Nige

By the way , how is Izmir these days ? I was there a couple of times in '79-'80 as a young drunken sailor !! There were some marvelous restauraunts out the dock and turn left (or was is right?!!!)....