Why become a member? ×

I'm here!

Trueno

If you happened to pass Frank Hessey's in Liverpool in 1970... the spotty 14 year old with his face stuck to the window was me. I was drooling over the Precision and Jazz that were always on display. For some reason I always thought there was something unbelievably cool about playing the bass... an opinion that was only hardened by watching gigs in the smelly old Liverpool Stadium.
Now... call me misguided, but I'm actually a sax player... I came to believe that the sax guy was even cooler than the bass guy. So most of my serious gigging career was spent playing the tenor sax. However, I did have a nice sideline in playing bass in local bands.
Don't gig at all now, and no plans to. I now have a very nice MIA Jazz... wish I'd bought it on day one and saved myself the bother of buying and selling a load of other basses. Also have my trusty Warwick Thumb fretless... probably be selling that as part of my gradual drift towards simplicity and not having a bass I have to put a battery in!
If you've managed to read through all this blather to this point... nice to meet you.
Cheers

Steve J

Good afternoon, Steve, and ...

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167528]

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. Nice to see you finally made it here, despite your 'infidelity'. You're not alone; there are many here who play other instruments (I'm a drummer..! :blush: ).

• 4 weeks later...