Why become a member? ×

I hate hearing this song, but don't mind playing it!

Kevsy71

[quote name='Trueno' timestamp='1465998052' post='3072702']
I've always loathed playing "Merry Christmas, Everybody"...
[/quote]

Did it for a Christmas do in a function band years ago. It's actually not the easiest bass line to learn properly. Particularly if your band have no clue and don't listen closely enough. Once you start listening to it forensically, you realise that it is in fact a brilliantly-crafted pop song and deserved all the success it got. And is still getting.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1466108709' post='3073468']
Anything by Abba.
[/quote]

Aww now you see I could play ABBA all night long as long as the singers were up to the job. I just can't bring myself to enjoy anything that falls into the classic rock category with the exception of black Betty which I hate listening to but love playing because it really sorts the men from the boys. If the drummer is decent it's so much fun.

Hate hearing anyone else covering Brown Eyed Girl as they invariably screw up or over simplify the bass solo. Spent ages nailing it myself and really gets to me - my wife knows the expression to expect on my face at any function... Apart from that, love playing anything really, but have had a similar crap singer experience to early poster with a Crowded House number where the singer would always flatten out the intro.

[quote name='RickyV' timestamp='1465983026' post='3072541']
Summer of 69. It was on our set list for quite a while early on and then removed as we were all fed up to the back teeth with it. But, people like it and always sing along. And if the Foo Fighters can cover it at one of their gigs then who am I to argue...
[/quote]

Don't you just hate this one!

was given "I wanna Dance With Somebody" Whitney Housten, in the set for a function gig next week. Once i stopped vomiting and had a go its really fun to play and I actually am looking more forward to playing it than I thought could ever be possible.