Why become a member? ×

Nick Beggs... much cop?

Highfox

Hardly hear anything of him on here. Guess it's all that Kajagoogoo nonsense :) Great melodic player dispite the poppyness and scary look!
Could he hit our underated bassist group?
Not sure if it's been posted before but I enjoyed watching him recording with the chapmanstick ( do we count that as a bass?).. I know he has been playing it for donkeys years. Still got some chops on him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmZxoxUNv4g

Unashamed Beggs fan from the first time I heard Too Shy - thought the song/band were rank but great bass part. The first slap line I ever tried to work out, which makes him to blame for me trying to shoehorn dodgy, badly-played & inappropriate slap riffs into far too many unsuspecting rock songs back in the 80s! Quite pleased he's found his niche as go-to prog bassist, as most of what he does these days is a lot further up my street than his best-known band.

He also has his own band/project [url="http://themutegods.com/tmg/"]The Mute Gods[/url] - to be honest I found their album a bit inconsistent, although he does claim his intent was to showcase all sides of his compositional ability, including his pop roots. A few to many saccharine ballads perhaps, but the standard of playing from everone involved (including the immense Marco Minneman thumping the tubs) makes it worth a listen.

Jon.

I met Nick a few years ago when he was playing with Ellis, Beggs and Howard, i was part of Security, managed to get a chat with him and his wife he was very friendly and easy going chap, as for his playing i have seen him close up watched him at sound check and the show, i can only say he is an incredible bass player and has a great bass tone !!! nothing to fault as far as i can see.

• Like 1

Like many i've been a fan since Kajagogoo days. Altho into rock and prog i did actually quite like the songs but the bass was the stand out. Enjoyed his Hackett stuff and then Steve Wilson. I would class him very much another Tony Levin. Can't fault him and have had some conversations with him on Facebook and he seems to be a nice guy too.
Dave

• Like 1

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1466197643' post='3074134']
How does he gets to work with so many amazing artists? Nick Beggs.
[/quote]
[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1466205267' post='3074199']

Totally see what you did there. :P
[/quote]

I'm in all week! :)

I was standing behind him in the queue for the movies recently. I said hi, within two sentences he'd made a willy joke. Good lad.

He's great with Steven Wilson, and he was in John Paul Jones' band at one point as well which must have been something. He was ok with Hackett, but no Lee Pomeroy.