Why become a member? ×

Need a crossover

Tuco

Guest bassman7755

Dont know of any small units like that off hand. The [url="http://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/Behringer-CX2310-Pro-Super-X-Crossover/290?origin=product-ads&utm_campaign=PLA+Shop+-+Behringer&utm_medium=vertical_search&network=google&adgroup=1+-+Product+Level+-+Behringer&merchant_id=1279443&product_id=2916d1&product_country=GB&product_partition_id=111957468079&gclid=Cj0KEQjwhZm7BRCUyfS6ho2VjOEBEiQAumpGMkPSqz7wAZHeUM2C_aq3u_L8rZh0UABq996pcM9ml6saAl0m8P8HAQ"]behringer[/url] unit is very popular but obviously somewhat bigger, on the plus side it has an integral PSU.

[quote name='Tuco' timestamp='1466331400' post='3074938']
The dudes on talkbass recommended me this
http://www.rolls.com/product.php?pid=SX21
Looks PERFECT for me but it's only available in the US and I need a quick fix
Any UK alternatives to this bad boy???
[/quote]

I use one. You can get it off thomann.

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1466343636' post='3075084']
Dont know of any small units like that off hand. The [url="http://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/Behringer-CX2310-Pro-Super-X-Crossover/290?origin=product-ads&utm_campaign=PLA+Shop+-+Behringer&utm_medium=vertical_search&network=google&adgroup=1+-+Product+Level+-+Behringer&merchant_id=1279443&product_id=2916d1&product_country=GB&product_partition_id=111957468079&gclid=Cj0KEQjwhZm7BRCUyfS6ho2VjOEBEiQAumpGMkPSqz7wAZHeUM2C_aq3u_L8rZh0UABq996pcM9ml6saAl0m8P8HAQ"]behringer[/url] unit is very popular but obviously somewhat bigger, on the plus side it has an integral PSU.
[/quote]
I looked at this too!
Decisions!!

[quote name='Tuco' timestamp='1466627739' post='3077442']

How do you rate it friend?
[/quote]

I think it's great. Bear in mind it's mono of course. I think as with all things it depends how you want to use it. How I use mine is that I send the treble end to a Digitech 2120 for distortion and effects above about 400Hz. In the main, I tend to use this most for 12 and 8 string basses to really get the best of the high end. I then re-combine it back to mono with a mix box that Max at SFX made for me. I don't change the crossover point much.

I think the advantage it has over the Behringer unit is that it's 1/4 inch input jacks and it's really small. The Behringer will have more control over the frequency split, but it's a rack and you might not want that? Plus it's xlr input and outputs which is a pain.

I would imagine that if you're using the crossover in a loop as I am, possibly the Behringer will be better for the most control if it's something that you are going to change a lot, but I doubt that you'll change it much though once you've found a point you like. If you're using it on a pedalboard with the bass signal before the amp, I'd get the Rolls due to the smaller footprint.

Hope that helps.