Why become a member? ×

Fender: Am. Std. "PJ" Precision (Limited Edition)

gsgbass

I just acquired this Am. Std. "PJ" Precision. It's an Am. Std. Precision body, with an Am. Std. Jazz neck. CS60's, Precision / Jazz pups, with a side mounted jack. It really plays nice. It's also a Limited Edition, just how many Fender considers Limited Edition is not to clear right now. I guess. :rolleyes:

Edited by gsgbass

I've been eying these up too. Nice to see the burst had a bit of red/yellow to it, it looked a bit dull and brown in the official pics. I don't get why these are priced lower than the US Standards though when they are supposed to be at the same level?

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1466378018' post='3075437']
Thank you folks for the kind words. The "PJ" Precision is actually a couple of hundred more $ buckaroos, than the regular Am. Std. Precision, or Jazz.
[/quote]

It's a lovely bass gsgbass and I'm sorely tempted.

Strangely, they are about £150 cheaper than an American Standard P or J in the UK.

Frank.

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1466450056' post='3075930']
It would be nice to see them with an Olympic White body, and a Maple board.
[/quote]

Yes!!! That's one of my favourite colour combos. My jazz is exactly like that. It always gets positive comments.

Frank.

Very nice bass indeed. The Jazz pickup placement is quite interesting, it looks nearer the P pickup than the bridge. I have an old Squire PJ Bass, very similar design with a slim Jazz profile neck but the Jazz pickup is way back beside the bridge on the Squire by comparison with the AM Std.

• 2 weeks later...