Why become a member? ×

finally NRD

Joebethell

So after a couple of bumps along the way and some extremely pleasurable deals and trades with the good folk of this forum. I can show off my new setup.
I moved house and area so without a band for a little time (although that may also be on the cards) I set myself the task of finding a sound I have wanted for a while.
First up the head is the Traynor YBA300 a wonderful all valve beast that has so much headroom its frankly embarrassing. It's such a nice sounding head I can't wait to get it cranked in a live situation.
Second and by no means least it he Barefaced 410! Yes yes it's another barefaced post but this cab is light and punchy and fits the frankly massive head with its 2ohm load. Just got to break it in as work keeps stopping me having fun.
Also slimmed my pedalboard right down and took delivery of a very nice custom bass (which I am tempted to mod a little) in the not so distant future.

As always this thread is worthless without pics so ....

Edited by Joebethell

[quote name='Joebethell' timestamp='1466415836' post='3075579']...haven't figured out how to stop them flipping sideways on basschat
[/quote]

I find that using an external host (Imgur, for example...) solves all problems...

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1466425202' post='3075667']

... and I forgot to add 'Very nice rig, very nice basses.' B)
[/quote]
Just need to get it up to volume and the basses are great I'm in love with the Starfire.

[quote name='Joebethell' timestamp='1466428937' post='3075707']
Just need to get it up to volume...
[/quote]

Be aware, if you're not already familiar with amps of this ilk, that they are a glazier's heaven. We use a Hiwatt 200w (4 x KT88...); eminently suitable for the disposal of D-Day bunkers when roused. Just sayin'. ;)

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1466434746' post='3075775']
Be aware, if you're not already familiar with amps of this ilk, that they are a glazier's heaven. We use a Hiwatt 200w (4 x KT88...); eminently suitable for the disposal of D-Day bunkers when roused. Just sayin'. ;)
[/quote] :D :D it has tone to spare so if its half as loud as i think i may be raising the dead! used to have a D180 but this seems to have much more power and a real sweet spot in the tone (kick in the resonance switch and melt).