Why become a member? ×

The "Viewing On Mobile" posts - Is "Full Version" not available??

bagsieblue

The "Viewing On Mobile / where are you from" etc posts.

I see at the bottom of the each page on mobile view a button stating Full Version - can everybody see this?

Which then opens up more information on the members posts (admitted location not always on there - but more often that not it is)

Is it browser / device specific?
Must admit it's something that puzzles me.

Edited by bagsieblue

Too much info to cram into the handheld screen size. Constantly zooming in and out.

I use the mobile version mostly as I very rarely use anything other than the phone and choose full version to check member locations on ads, but that's about it.

What I have found is that my browser then doesn't always allow me to revert back mobile view, so have to close the app and restart.

Basschat has not been designed using RWD techniques and as such is not optimised for mobile usage, hence the mobile version being available with a design that does fit.

Edited by Kev

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1466372080' post='3075404']

Why is it not practical?
[/quote]

I got stuck on full version after I had to reset my tablet to default settings.

There's too many links too close together for a small screen, I kept accidently clicking user profiles when I was trying to look at threads.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1466421792' post='3075631']
I've never really thought about it too much - I just use the mobile version, and switch to full when I need it for other stuff.
[/quote]

Agreed - it was just a question on if people knew it was there as an option, especially on the "where are you based?" questions on for sale ads.
9 times out of 10 this can be seen on full version - so rather than asking the question and then awaiting a response, more often than not the answer can be found straight away by flicking over to full view.

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1466447698' post='3075892']
I guessed that was why you were asking :) But then it doesn't take a second to write it in the first post - and that would save any questions :)
[/quote]

Yep - and it doesn't take a second to quickly flick to full view - more often that not saving any questions and having the answer immediately.