Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Gretsch Pro Jet with Bigsby Trem
£225

I've finally decided to sell my Gretsch Electromatic as it's not getting any use at the moment which is a shame, and the growing bass collection has to be paid for!

It's a Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet G5235T in black, I don't have a year for it but it's one of the earlier ones, Anderton's still have a page up for it with a few details: [url="https://new.andertons.co.uk/p/2505010906/solid-body-electric-guitars/gretsch-g5235t-pro-jet-walnut-stain-black-top-bigsby"]https://new.anderton...lack-top-bigsby[/url] . Main things about it:[list]
[*]Chambered body for the authentic Gretsch sound
[*]Gretsch mini humbuckers, ditto.
[*]Bigsby tremolo
[*]Gloss black top and front of head, cream and black binding and dark walnut stain on the back & sides (near enough black that you hardly notice it's not).
[*]Gretsch "G" logo volume and treble knobs and Gretsch styled pup selector
[*]Handy screw on strap buttons (ie simple strap lock system)
[/list]
Apart from the obvious Gretsch sound and looks the best thing about this guitar is the neck, it's very nice to play.

There are plenty of reviews of the Electromatic series around, and they pretty much all say the same thing - a lot of guitar for the money, and really good quality. The pups and machine heads are probably where the money is saved (they're a popular upgrade to give a very good guitar), everything else is pretty much indistinguishable from the "real thing".

It's in good condition, there are few small marks on it but they're few and small enough that it was hard trying to get them to show up on the photos. Very little fret wear either. I replaced the switch with a genuine switchcraft one as it didn't stay on the neck position properly, it works very nicely now. There's a small blemish on the front which looks like someone's repaired a chip, but you have to look for it to see it.

Currently strung with EB regular slinky strings (ie 10s) plus there's a spare set of the same in the case.

Hard case included, it fits it so well that they ought to stay together.

£225 including the hard case but not including delivery, for instruments I always try and deal in person if possible but I can ship it in the UK at cost if really necessary. It's located in BD20 (Silsden, West Yorks).

Some pics, click for larger versions and I can send on better ones by email:

[attachment=221888:gretsch-1.jpg]

[attachment=221892:gretsch-2.jpg]

[attachment=221893:gretsch-4.jpg]

[attachment=221895:gretsch-3.jpg]

[attachment=221894:gretsch-case.jpg]

Edited by adamg67

• 3 weeks later...

My brother has one of these without the bigsby and its trumped his les paul amd melody maker with lollar p90s as his main gigging guitar. Great sounding guitar. GLWTS

[quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1468655835' post='3092368']
My brother has one of these without the bigsby and its trumped his les paul amd melody maker with lollar p90s as his main gigging guitar. Great sounding guitar. GLWTS
[/quote]

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me, they play nicely as well as sounding good. For the action, this one will hold it's own with our guitarist's Les Paul, Strat and Tele.