Why become a member? ×

Mani Jazz bass identification .... 2016 Etihad

ianwild16

Mani from the Stone Roses.
He's stopped using the Epiphone Jack Casady signature bass.
Sunday he was using two Jazz basses.....
A black with black s/p maple neck with pearl blocks,
And a natural with white s/p maple neck and blocks. This also had a thumb rest above the strings.
Any ideas which model they are?
Cheers!
Ian

Mani from the Stone Roses.
He's stopped using the Epiphone Jack Casady signature bass.
Sunday he was using two Jazz basses.....
A black with black s/p maple neck with pearl blocks,
And a natural with white s/p maple neck and blocks. This also had a thumb rest above the strings.
Any ideas which model they are?
Cheers!
Ian

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1466422336' post='3075634']
Lol
[/quote]

I just don't get this type of ambiguous response either. Why couldn't you simply have said he was, but he isn't anymore? We're not all party to information relating to an individual's membership; there's thousands of people here...how was I supposed to know the status of one member? Sheesh.

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1466433952' post='3075765']

I just don't get this type of ambiguous response either. Why couldn't you simply have said he was, but he isn't anymore? We're not all party to information relating to an individual's membership; there's thousands of people here...how was I supposed to know the status of one member? Sheesh.
[/quote]

Apologies

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1466426096' post='3075677']
He was for about two minutes before he got horribly insulted by forum regulars and decided to not come back.
[/quote]

Really? My memory is different. He posted in three threads was welcomed by some and one asked him a question about one of his basses. No abuse whatsoever.

Edited by Roland Rock

Here you go:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/101467-what-bass-is-mani-playing/page__p__1557632__hl__maniscream__fromsearch__1#entry1557632

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/119164-jack-casady-bass/page__st__30__p__1557638#entry1557638

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/135047-coolest-basses-ever/page__st__90__p__1557652#entry1557652

Excellent taste in basses, more questionable with respect to lager. Both of these basses sounded immense at the Etihad (at least from where I was), though clearly with some processing. I'd concur - I'd say pretty clean and unmolested Fenders from around '73 to mid '76.