Why become a member? ×

Help me find a bass shop!

ben4343

Hi team,

I know that somewhere in north Cornwall or maybe Devon is a small-ish bass dealer, stocking relatively low numbers of really nice second hand basses, often slightly unusual or special. I've been on the website a while back and always wanted to visit, but now the name totally escapes me, and Google and forum searches aren't helping.

Anyone know of where I'm trying to describe?

Cheers!

[quote name='ben4343' timestamp='1466457690' post='3076024']
Classic and Cool Guitars!!

That's the one, thanks heaps. Mansons is also on the list, so that was also a good shout.

I appreciate the help everyone! They even have a Sandberg VM4... I might be in trouble...
[/quote]

Yes - they have a natural VM4 with black hardware and black block inlays - Phwoar!

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1466432581' post='3075746']
http://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/

Not had any dealings personally but have heard he is a good chap to deal with.
[/quote]

Am I being dense or does the website not actually say where they are?

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1466521116' post='3076463']

Am I being dense or does the website not actually say where they are?
[/quote]

If it does it's not very clear. I was looking for their location as I seem to remember a place in Holsworthy and wondered if it was them.

[quote name='skidder652003' timestamp='1466575919' post='3076844']
Its not a shop, its his house in Teignmouth! Give Mark a call and Im sure he'll be delighted to give you the address, a cup of tea will be on order, awesome stuff available!!!
[/quote]

Oh dear! Dangerously close to the route down to see my folks in Plymouth!

Well, I've got to come clean and admit that, after all the great input, I didn't manage to go...! We did a bit of sleuthing of the area code, and as I was hoping to go on route to the airport, it didn't quite mesh with the time available.

Definitely one to visit however; I just felt it fair to give him more warning than we had time to, as we suspected it was a slightly more personal venture.

I did however visit Manson's in Exeter, as that was very easy to get to. Was a pretty cool place, with a fair bass (mostly Fender and Ibanez) and amp/cab selection (mostly Orange and Eden), and friendly staff who were happy to let me plonk around on whatever took my fancy. I tried an original 4001 from I think '77 that I thought was an absolute pig, but fell in love with a wacky hollow body cheap Yamaha; go figure!

Anyway, thanks again for all of the replies: I can definitely recommend Manson's, and am looking forward to meeting Mark in the not too distant future...

• 2 weeks later...