Why become a member? ×

Help Needed - someone good with circuitry/soldering?

Painy

I'm hoping to beg a massive favour from a suitably technical BC'er if possible.
I recently stumbled across an old bit of kit which I'd like to make use of but I foolishly took it apart back when I was at school and I'll openly say I don't really have the skill (or even a working soldering iron at the moment as it goes) to get it back together.
It's an old Dan Armstrong Yellow Humper which originally came in a little box with Jack socket on the front and plug sticking out the back - the idea being to plug it directly into the bass and then the lead from it to the amp. A 3 way toggle switch then gave the option of bass boost/off/Bass and treble boost. Looked really stupid plugged in like that but sounded awesome.
Anyway, my plan at the time was simply to install it into my bass wired directly to the Jack socket. That's still the plan but most of the wires are disconnected and I'm hoping someone might be kind enough to put it back together for me if I send it to them? I do have a schematic for the circuit which should help and it's all there apart from a 9v battery terminal.
Obviously some form of repayment for your assistance can be negotiated - so any volunteers?

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1466517020' post='3076419']
I'm hoping to beg a massive favour from a suitably technical BC'er if possible...
[/quote]

Have you tried a PM to our expert in this field, [url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/7835-kiogon/"]KiOgon..[/url]? He would be my first port of call for such a project; he can only refuse, right..?
Good luck with your project.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1466517564' post='3076428']

Have you tried a PM to our expert in this field, [url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/7835-kiogon/"]KiOgon..[/url]? He would be my first port of call for such a project; he can only refuse, right..?
Good luck with your project.
[/quote]

Good call. Thanks Dad!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...