Why become a member? ×

Talk dirty too me !!!!

Signal Path

Hello,I'd really like to hear some opinions on the ramblings that I've listed below and anything else that anyone has any experience with.
I'm looking for a distortion/fuzz for my board,I already use an Xotic RC (always on) and an Xotic BB for valve grind tones,but I'm looking for something that is capable of more extreme tones.
Here's what's I've come up with so far.

A) Source Audio - After shock
B)Sleeping Dog - Low end theory
C) Wren + Cuff - Pickle pie b

I'm sure any of these pedals can do the job
But which would you go for,and why ?
I'd really appriceate your knowledge and input on this subject.

Many thanks guys

Edited by Signal Path

I didn't care for the PPB I had, or the clips I've heard of the Sleeping Dog, so I vote Aftershock.

The Aftershock has amazing potential and versatility, but to get the best out of it requires a lot of dabbling around in the Neuro app. Check out this vid, especially near the end when he blends a muff in parallel with a Rat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8UnQDrlFAk

Then at the flick of a switch you can get tubey overdrive or Darkglass style grind. Great pedal, but I've not had time to mess with mine properly yet!

In that video is the best ive heard the aftershock sound! the wren n cuff ive only played at a few trade shows and they are nice but def a pedal i didnt really bond with, now the tall font russian! thats a really nice pedal!

if tho i could add two pedals into the mix the Fuzzrocious Rat/Cat Tail, can do subtle grind to really extreme tones and then the lateral sounds Spore, this can do anything from a clean boost to drive to full out fuzz! great pedal!

Andy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1466583455' post='3076903'] I didn't care for the PPB I had, or the clips I've heard of the Sleeping Dog, so I vote Aftershock. The Aftershock has amazing potential and versatility, but to get the best out of it requires a lot of dabbling around in the Neuro app. Check out this vid, especially near the end when he blends a muff in parallel with a Rat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8UnQDrlFAk Then at the flick of a switch you can get tubey overdrive or Darkglass style grind. Great pedal, but I've not had time to mess with mine properly yet! [/quote]

I agree, the PPB was okay and the sleeping dog didn't seem that good from the clips I've seen. Of the three you put up I'd go aftershock

If you want extreme I'd say go for the Aftershock. It'll do that in spades. And with the three stock sounds you also get to save three of your own in preset mode. That's 6 sounds already without getting into external switching, all for £120.

Until recently i had a Low End Theory, i did a demo of it a while back :

Listen to Sleeping Dog FX - Low End Theory by TheseEyesRadiate #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/theseeyesradiate/sleeping-dog-fx-low-end-theory

Still got a pickle pie b, trying to sell it at the moment. I've had it for years and its one of the most brutal bass distortions I've used... However i don't think anyone uses the settings i use, and they're missing out. I could do a clip if you wanted?