Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Rivoli strings

Pow_22

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Looking for recommendations for short scale strings for my rivoli to try and counter some of the boom and rumble. [/color][/size][size="3"][color="#000000"]Generally on my other basses I like nice thumpy flats but I feel the Rivoli may need something brighter?[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#000000"] [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Ideally id like to stay with flats so have considered brighter ones like Chromes and TI’s. [/color][/size][size="3"][color="#000000"]Have also considered d’addario halfwounds as I have liked these in the past.[/color][/size][size="3"][color="#000000"] [/color][/size][size="3"][color="#000000"]Another option would be pressure wounds but taking all these into account maybe what I need is a nice set of steels to help get some treble?[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#000000"] [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Any other rivoli/Gibson eb2 users able to chip in?[/color][/size][/font]

Not an EB2 user these days (had one in my youth, long gone) but use my SG bass a great deal. It came with Pyramid golds on - these were instant Jack Bruce / Andy Fraser. Due to a slightly odd E string imbalance (to my hearing) I change to regular TI flats (long scale). I really like these, with that bass they give a great compressed thick tone, plus plenty of 'twang' if needed. OTOH TI flats less successful on an Aria Pro II LP style bass I have. In my EB2 days I ended up using RS66 swingbass most of the time. They devoured the frets in no time :(

Edited by 3below