Why become a member? ×

Markbass Micromark 801

dodgnofski

Hi Chaps and Chapesses,

Can anyone give me their opinion on their experiences of the above combo please :)?

Is it possible to obtain a deep, warm, rich bass tone, only at low volumes and obviously not in a gigging environment - but just for home and studio use??

Thanking you in advance for your help and opinions :)

Cheers,

Tim

Owned one for a couple of years, best practice combo going. Sounds like a proper bass amp, just at a lower volume. Useless for anything other than home practice of course, but very decent indeed.

Cool thing about it is the speaker handling is far higher than the amp could ever produce, so you can boost it etc and it wont break up. You can get a lovely thick low end out of it. Its struggles with highs, if anything!

The 801 wth a GEB7 in front of it is the exact setup I use at home when I'm not just going through a pod into studio monitors. It's a great little amp - sounds much bigger than the space it takes up and the eq pedal allows you to do a bit of fine-tuning.

[quote name='dodgnofski' timestamp='1466800243' post='3079026']
Yes Rick - Tee - Hee :)
[/quote]

Ah those were the days... :) Neil, your bedroom's on fire! :lol:

Can't offer much help micromark-wise, my amp is a kind of megamark. Two New York 804's and a TH350. Oh, and the neighbors hate my guts. :unsure:

[quote name='dodgnofski' timestamp='1466618069' post='3077317']
Hi Chaps and Chapesses,

Can anyone give me their opinion on their experiences of the above combo please :)?

Is it possible to obtain a deep, warm, rich bass tone, only at low volumes and obviously not in a gigging environment - but just for home and studio use??

Thanking you in advance for your help and opinions :)

Cheers,

Tim
[/quote]

Yes!

[quote name='dodgnofski' timestamp='1466618069' post='3077317']

[/quote]

Yes it is. See [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/282383-just-ridiculous/page__p__3065068__hl__ridiculous__fromsearch__1#entry3065068"]here[/url].