Why become a member? ×

Identify MusicMan Stingray rare scratch plate colour?

Umskii

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Hello everyone![/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Hope y'all doing good! [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]I just bought a new Musician Stingray 3eq black with rosewood [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3] 2'nd stingray 4 in 6 months! sold a 6 string Warwick Streamer Stage 1 NT for it. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]However my black pick guard doesn't match the ones produced under "black" from 1992/1998 isa era.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]They seem to look more matt black?, Bakelite? looks grey under light, black in the dark.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]I've attached some pictures, do you happen to know where I can find this colour or what the name of this colour is. the first pick is of a late 2015/2016 stingray.[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Umskii

It's matt black. The black pick guards through the early 90s era were often matt. My 93 fret less has a matt white pg.

The more recent ones and original pre EB are gloss. You can get a gloss black one from a dealer via Strings and Things (UK distributor) which should fit. I think the matt ones look cool though and typify that era.

Edited by drTStingray

Thank you drTStingray! :D

Much Appreciated.

To get the 2016 Stingray to match that era apart from the nut being different and bridge mutes, ill get a hold of a matt black scratch plate and some black pick guard screws/ black pickup screws. :)

Is anyone on bass chat in possession of a matte black Musicman Stinrgray 4 string pickguard with a truss rod notch?

Willing to purchase it off of you :D
or trade with my glossy black version :rolleyes:

Edited by Umskii

I ordered the matte black pickguard from WD music its pretty darn close expect its missing the white middle layers between the plastics.
Unfortunately WD music don't do custom orders for black/white with a matte black top.

Here is a pick for reference:
[attachment=222606:20160702_162710.jpg]

I considered getting some matte black spray paint on that glossy pickguard. :rolleyes:

Anyone on basschat looking to sell their 90's pickguard? :D

Edited by Umskii