Why become a member? ×

TC Switch 3

bigjimmyc

Hi all. Anyone else got a TC Switch 3?

After buying a TC BH800 off MarshallBTB here, I found the footswitch on gumtree for a fair price. Went to get it from a nightmare seller whose gaff was stacked ceiling high with new, used, broken and disassembled gear. I should have run away screaming.

The switch looked ok, but didn't work properly. We agreed a lower price and I took it anyway.

Sure enough it didn't work properly at home. Brand new cable BTW.

Switches 1 and 2 are fine. They are the latching type and they function perfectly. Switch number 3 (mute) didn't seem to be a latching type, but momentary, or perhaps broken latching!

I bought a new latching switch and replaced #3, but it doesn't work properly. Now I'm wondering if I should have bought a new momentary switch for #3? By the way, the one I removed is defo faulty.

So please can someone confirm for me whether the 3 footswitches are supposed to be all the same, latching or non-latching?

Thanks
Jim

PS. Loving the BH800 with my bf four10!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1466698129' post='3078003']
The foot switch is supposed to have momentary buttons not latching. You'll find that Digitech's 3 way foot switch will work too.
[/quote]

Thanks for that info. I guess this fellow had already mucked about with it! Back to Amazon for me then!
Cheers dood.

[quote name='bigjimmyc' timestamp='1466773395' post='3078687']
Thanks for that info. I guess this fellow had already mucked about with it! Back to Amazon for me then!
Cheers dood.
[/quote]

It sounds like it yup! - Good luck!

No problem at all :)

• 2 weeks later...

Momentary switches arrived today. Soldering iron out. All switches replaced. Still no joy!

After much swearing and mucking about with the multimeter, the difference between "push to make" and "push to break" became apparent. I now have a working switch 3.

To be really honest I wish I'd bought a new one at the outset, or better still realised that Toneprints ain't all that.