Why become a member? ×

Video - The Lindisfarne Story Band (wateroftyne)

wateroftyne

Very nice, music from my childhood! I got trapped in a session in the Monks Walk and didn't get back to the festival site in time. My friend Jeff went along and said it was a great gig, sound was perfect.

Would you mind asking Mrs WoT what mikes she uses on her accordion please?

Nice!
Lindisfarnes's Fog on the Tyne was the first album I ever bought. I still have it-Ray Jackson lived a few doors down and and my cousin to sign it for me. The quality of those songs and the production still shines today...great stuff
I got to know the original bass player Rod Clements a bit as he ran a folk night and went to a couple of his NY parties. Is he still playing and if so whats he up too?

Cheers, all!

Yep, they're great songs, and Rod's bass parts are so much fun to play. Ray is on of those drummers who is a joy to play with - everything he does is for a reason.

Mrs. WoT isn't fussy on mics - I'm not sure what was used in the clip, but usually an SM57 or similar does that trick.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1466976525' post='3080224']
Grew up listening to those first three Lindisfarne albums, and they still get played regularly to this day.
A great band and Alan Hull was a superb songwriter.
[/quote]

Absolutely.

Here's another vid from Beverley - a bit of a hoedown, this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Si8_3xrhw