Why become a member? ×

NBD: Epiphone Rivoli

Pow_22

Got this lovely bass in what i think was a great deal from crack converters! Its a 1996/1997 epiphone rivoli in cherry red complete with epi hardcase.

Ive always loved the semi hollow look and in the past have had a jack casady bass and another rivoli albeit in the slightly less stunning sunburst.

Not overly practical for my main band but something i couldnt pass up on as ive been waiting for a cherry one to pop up for ages.

Came with duff strings that appear to be longscale ones cut down so have ordered some shortscale flats to go on it and then will give it a good set up. Not major dings, scratches or neck repairs so all looks good!

Pics to follow asap

Bought a '66 EB2D a few years ago from Vintage and Rare. Had always wanted one but found the neck too thick, didn't like short scale and the output really unbalanced. Hope the Korean one is better made than the US ones. It was the sound of the 60's r'n'b groups - Animals, Yardbirds in particular but it needs a big speaker to achieve it.