Why become a member? ×

Barefaced 410 & 210 ordered - ok, I`m a fanboi

Lozz196

Been umming & ahhing about this for a while, finally decided to take the plunge, and after having spoken to Alex via e-mail, have gone for the 8ohm 410 and 12ohm 210, which when paired together will be a modular set-up virtually identical to their 610.

Am sure the 410 on its own will be plenty for my needs but on the scene I`m on, you need to look the part with your gear, and a 610 is enough on all but the biggest stages, plus the extra height will make it easier to hear. We all know a 410 is enough but the punters, well they see little gear and don`t think you`re a "real band". Anyway, my fave set-ups have always been a load of 10s going - I know there`s no specific sound to speaker sizes, it`s more the amount of speakers going at the same time that seems to generate my fave sounds and these in general come from a lot of 10s pumping away.

Additionally, I did a gig with both of my Super12Ts last week and even with the weight of those found it a bit knackering, so although the 410 is heavier, that will be carried by two of us in the band, and the 210 is a nice easy weight - plus if I put castors on the 410 I can whell the pair together on flat surfaces.

I`ll of course update once they`re here/been used but am pretty excited at the moment. Don`t like to wish time away but the end of July is going to seem like forever to get to.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1466839691' post='3079216']
Nice :) Is the ETA still around end of July for these at the mo? Did you go for black steel or silver cloth grille?
[/quote]

Yes still end of July, went for black steel as more hard-wearing.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1466840391' post='3079218']
Nice! If it's about the looks, what head are you putting on your TenMountain?
[/quote]

Well at present it`s a diminutive Aguilar Tonehammer but the thought of an Ashdown ABM is rattling around in my head a fair bit.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1466844605' post='3079261']

Well at present it`s a diminutive Aguilar Tonehammer but the thought of an Ashdown ABM is rattling around in my head a fair bit.
[/quote]

That would be a pairing made in heaven methinks!

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1466846648' post='3079289']
1st dibs on one of those super12T's mush!! B)
[/quote]

Nice one Russ, will keep thee posted

[quote name='skychaserhigh' timestamp='1466847293' post='3079302']
Any reason you didn't go for the 610 as it would be cheaper and easier to move around maybe ?
[/quote]

Yeah, mainly so I just use the 410 for rehearsals and only bring out the 210 as well for gigs, keep rehearsals as easy as possible. Likewise, although I`m looking at Ashdown ABMs as my gigging amp, I`ll probably get a Rootmaster for rehearsals. The 410 with big castors on will be a doddle. The tilt-back wheels on the 610, like on the Super12s are good, but super-size carlos-fandango-wide-wheel-castors make pushing a cab about, even on gravelly surfaces such as venue car parks so much easier.

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1466861051' post='3079418']
I have an ABM600 and its a great amp (paired with a couple of BB2's). Doesn't suffer from the Ashdown wool thing and you can do a great SVT thing with it.....
[/quote]

That`s the sound I go for, and having used a few Ashdowns as provided rigs have found it pretty easy to dial that in. Gonna see how it goes with the Tonehammers but fairly sure I`m going to go the Ashdown route.

[quote name='lowhand_mike' timestamp='1467045189' post='3080748']
if you go for a rootmaster the RM800 will be monster with that rig
[/quote]

I have been leaning towards that direction Mike, as from my brief use of an RM, and hearing one in action, they are sweet sounding amps.

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1467106823' post='3081172']
I use an ABM1000 (evo3 preamp with a 1k class-d amp) with 1 or 2 super compacts at the moment. So very very good.
[/quote]
same as me , Flippin fantastic amp :) why not give Lee at Ashdown a call . I also have the 400 w version & that still knocks my old MB heads for six . The bass lounge have a combo going for a trade price you could take the head out & get a sleeve or rack kit for it .