Why become a member? ×

Fender Flea Signature Jazz Bass

NJE

So fender are making a Mexican road worn version of Fleas 61 jazz in shell pink with stacked pots. Looks amazing too, I want one! Andertons have them on their site but I can't find anything else so far apart from a picture from NAMM on Instagram.

stacked pots from '60 to '61, top silver knobs are volume for each pickup, black bottom knobs are tone for each pickup. By '62 they changed to the VVT we all know and love!

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1466808178' post='3079138']
I want one
[/quote]

+ 1 B)

Edited by jimbobothy

Looks like a very nice bass on its own merit. Would be great if they came with flats but I doubt that'd make marketing sense.

I'd be a bit miffed to buy a signature series that isn't built like, and will sound absolutely nothing like, the artists actual bass. Fair enough though, I've played a few original stack knobs and even good CS ones can't replicate that old tone, so at least this one is affordable and in reach of more fans, that's very cool.

I like it, but I think I'll stick to my US Jazz and Modulus Flea, it does exactly what it says on the tin and instantly has 'that' sound.

I'm not really a Flea fan anymore (I was obsessed in my teens) but that bass represents most of the things I love in a jazz bass that can only normally be found on Fender CS or other boutique/custom builders.

Custom colour, relic, tort plate, stacked pots....well done fender! If it had lollipop tuners which I am obsessed with, it would be perfect for me, but that is easily remedied.

I know the quality of the road worn instruments so this should be great. Off topic slightly, my friend had a RW strat and had it set up and some new pickups put in it (fender vintage reissue jobbies) and he swears it is better than his two CS strats now, much to his dismay.

This is as much a Flea signature as a natural Stingray is a Bernard Edwards or Louis Johnson signature or a black and rosewood one is a Flea signature!!

It also dies my have a sticker on it!!

That said it's quite nice - it'd be even nicer with the covers and clay dots.

Edited by drTStingray

There aren't many options out there for a stacked knob Jazz bass like that, especially in that light pink nitro (looks basically off white)...I think the fact it is under £900 means it will sell very well. You can't get a spec like that normally from Fender without a lot more £.

As with the Nate Mendal bass, it is MEANT to look relic'd. It is a modern reproduction of that artist's bass. I like it.