Ashdown White light speakers

Kevin Dean

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1468587651' post='3091978']
I've got the 2x10" and 1x15".

I'm smitten.
[/quote]

How's the 1x15 as a standalone cab?
Oh, and how manageable is it, size and weight wise? I'm thinking about changing my set up from two of those little Mi10 cabs you see, one single cab, and a big full sound is what I'm hoping for, but in not too large a package...

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1468588789' post='3091991']
I prefer the sound yeah, I do like the 15" on its own for more relaxed gigs. The tweeter helps keep the sound balanced.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info mate :)
Was thinking about the 12" cab, but I think the added whoomph from the 15" might be a good idea.

I like the fact I can see the white cones, much like the mark bass stuff, better than boring black boxes.

I wanted the cabs blue with red grille cloth but didn't have the funds (or patience) to wait.

I've really taken to this rig. And the cabs are light, the big handles which are inset make them even easier to shift.

Edited by AndyTravis

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1468588944' post='3091994']

Thanks for the info mate :)
Was thinking about the 12" cab, but I think the added whoomph from the 15" might be a good idea.
[/quote]

The tweeter is 3 way switchable too, low/high/off - means that hf is there if you want it or you can go for thump.

• 1 month later...

I am considering going for the Ashdown 2x10 and 1x15 cabs to use with my Trace Elliot 300w SMX. The weight of the cabs is ideal but I have not been able to find any revues on these cabs.
The alternative for me would be the Fender Rumble 2x10 and 1x15. Both of these are a tad heavier but they get a lot of positive feedback from owners.

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1473798200' post='3133273']
Anything to report ?
[/quote]

Unfortunately there wasn't any available to try. The ABM EVO has now moved on to another member on here and been replaced with the awesome Little Bastard (again from here) which I've tried with my Klystron 2x10 Neo cabs which is great but they are quite large and heavy for my crap back. Really want to try a 12" cab though but they seem pretty rare now , well Ashdown ones do.

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1473833423' post='3133387']
Have you seen the review above with Nathan King (Marks Brother) above .
[/quote]

I have seen the review with Nathan King but I felt that most of it was aimed at the amp and its various features. Apart from expressing how little the two cabs weighed I don't think they had that much to say other than their power rating.
I am hoping to try some out for myself, but until I get the chance I will put my faith in the opinions and reviews expressed on here