Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Iceman ICB300EX

bigjimmyc

Hey all.
I acquired this today. Google tells me what it's called, but honestly I just liked to look of it!

The sound and action are amazingly good. Anyone want to educate me on this instrument?

[attachment=222310:IMG_1881 (1).jpg]

IIRC, it's an early/mid Noughties guitar, the serial no. on the back of the headstock will be "C0*******". Made by Cort (the "C" in the serial) in Korea, next 2 numbers are model year ("04" 2004, "05" 2005 etc).

The design comes from the mid/ae 70's when Ibanez wanted to "make their own mark", by bringing out their own design rather than copies of other makes. The Iceman is part Firebird/Thunderbird (shape), part SG (solid mahogany body, set neck). Not to be "mistaken" with the Paul Stanley "PS" model, as he has a hissy-fit if you do (the PS's had a maple cap). There was also a Bolt Neck ICB200 made for a 2 bass, 2 guitar line up in the IC range.

Here are the rest of them, as requested.

My research suggests it's a Chinese model possibly circa 2007?

The neck is bolt-on, active preamp on board, it's a real metal machine. I just wish it was a lefty - it's so pretty I might keep it on the wall.

BTW, it's strung heavy 110-90-70-50 so I'm keeping it tuned to Eb.

[attachment=222315:IMG_1882.JPG][attachment=222316:IMG_1883.JPG][attachment=222317:IMG_1884.JPG][attachment=222318:IMG_1885.JPG]

• 2 weeks later...