Why become a member? ×

"WITHDRAWN"
£799

eubassix

Schack (Andy or Nico?) Unique 4 Custom LTD in dark blue (trans). Good overall condition and excellent playability tone-s. Exceptional build quality and with the amazing Schack no-bolt/s neck & BC3P circuit. But realistically the polyester/blue body has a lot of surface marks & buckle rash to both front and back.There's also a paint/surface crack by the output jack/pan and some string-wear to the tops of the BassTec (Bartolini) J pickups. This does not affect the bass 'as an instrument' at all - plays and sounds great, but it would be(come) exceptional with a body refin' or maybe taken back to the natural maple (natural bass photos attached to illustrate, although a different wood). Otherwise, an exceptional players bass! Comes with a decent, generic hard case. Free Courier. Features: - Full solid body (2pc) Flamed Maple - Maple - Bubinga - Neck - Ebony Fretboard - 24 Fret and zero fret - 34" Scale - 18.5mm (+- 0.5mm) Spacing - ETS / Schack Bridge - Active Schack (GK) 3 Band Preamp - 2 Basstec (Bartolini) Single Coil PU's - Schaller Security Locks - Gotoh Hardware/Tuner - Weight: 8.5 lbs. Nut width is 1.5" . BC3P Schack 18V on board EQ system. The signal is not coloured in any way, due to the linear response of the circuit. Offers the player a great deal of versatility. Circuit is prewired and easily configurable. -Master Volume -Balance Control (buffered) -Bass (100-300Hz via dip switches) ±15dB -Middle (500-1500Hz via dip switches) ±15dB -Treble (2000-8000Hz via dip switches) ±18dB -Adjustable pickup input gain.
*There's a new Schack (Unique 5) review in this months Bass Guitar magazine (pp. 52-54. same neck fitting. £3450!).

Edited by eubassix

Tried unsuccesfully to quote/reply above ... didn't work !
Thanks for the +++ comments; Not using 4's much now. If I had the time I'd refin' it - it's a really nice instrument (potentially). Plays great; I'd always 'known' Andy Schack by name/ reputation (instruments and EQ systems), but saw something from NAMM recently with a reference to a Nico Schack (?); was that the recent London BG show Rich? Agree - the tone/s & playability are exceptional; just the aesthetics that aren't great on this one.

Yes David it was at this year's show.I think Nico is Andy Schack's son,there is a snippet on youtube about them.The basses did sound good .and the finish next to nun .If you were not so far away would have loved to have a look see.☺

on this release (I think it will be soon available on YT) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wti8xCCk0MU
I used this early Schack mentioned above, and the other one - Custom made with s/n 300.
The older one was much better, but newer custom does the job in ballads, both had ebony fingerboard, the older with bubinga body, custom with swamp.

I love Schack! Good luck with the sale!

• 5 weeks later...

OK... last try up to Sunday (13/8) - plan to remove it otherwise and have it stripped/refinished.
There's a nice 5 Unique currently up on ebay :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201643853032?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

.. and another of the HL/graphite versions :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182239880753?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT