Why become a member? ×

Board is always changing!

0175westwood29

hi guys

just intrigued if im one of the only guys whos changes there board a lot! ie from week to week, new things come in old pedals come back as you suddenly have a flash of how good they sounded.

my main thing is fuzz that changes i have a few that stay like the Cog Tarkin and Fuzzrocious Cicada but i seem to have my Grey Stache, Sub machine, Spore, Formula 76, Jupiter, Pumpkin Pi and Zeus on a loop as i love them all and i just like having a different fuzz sound.

i do the same with octave up if im feeling more Subtle i use the Ehx Pitchfork 50/50 blend in a more weird mood i grab the Eqd Tentacle

recently got back into the Lateral Sounds "Bit" which is a mad bit crusher......i bet you didnt guess! but even this is making wanna grab a few more to try and explore that sound more!

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7RGMouZraw"]https://www.youtube....h?v=Z7RGMouZraw[/url]

Andy

Edited by 0175westwood29

• 4 weeks later...

I can't stop.. I tried putting everything on a big board, but it just felt wrong! I'm using cheap pedals so at least faffing isn't costing me a fortune! But yeah.. The tremolo stays on, because its my favourite. I like Envelope filter but getting the right sound out of my BSW is a faff so it goes off and goes on and goes off. Amp sim and EQ stay, fuzz stays. Right now i have Fuzz -> Zoom 506 -> Tremolo -> Joyo California -> EQ and out. Mainly because the 506 has actually a nice compressor and if i feel a sudden need for Env, Phaser or Chorus its right there!

It will get faffed with again when i get home tonight. I suspect my neighbours would be happy that i have headphones..!

[quote name='operative451' timestamp='1469534461' post='3099045']
I can't stop.. I tried putting everything on a big board, but it just felt wrong! I'm using cheap pedals so at least faffing isn't costing me a fortune! But yeah.. The tremolo stays on, because its my favourite. I like Envelope filter but getting the right sound out of my BSW is a faff so it goes off and goes on and goes off. Amp sim and EQ stay, fuzz stays. Right now i have Fuzz -> Zoom 506 -> Tremolo -> Joyo California -> EQ and out. Mainly because the 506 has actually a nice compressor and if i feel a sudden need for Env, Phaser or Chorus its right there!

It will get faffed with again when i get home tonight. I suspect my neighbours would be happy that i have headphones..!
[/quote]

mines changed again now

[URL=http://s245.photobucket.com/user/0175westwood29/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_1.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg72/0175westwood29/Mobile%20Uploads/image_1.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]

I don't think 'changing' is the word to describe the state of my board. It just seems to keep expanding, to the point where it's attracting orbiting pedals.

Also, I'm a starting to worry that I'm reaching the limit of my gigrig generator, and will have to think about either getting a second one and a current doubler, or set up a second board.

[quote name='elephantgrey' timestamp='1469567117' post='3099497']
I don't think 'changing' is the word to describe the state of my board. It just seems to keep expanding, to the point where it's attracting orbiting pedals.

Also, I'm a starting to worry that I'm reaching the limit of my gigrig generator, and will have to think about either getting a second one and a current doubler, or set up a second board.
[/quote]

You must have some serious board if you're approaching the limit of a Generator! I didn't think that would be possible, it puts out 5 amps!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1469903111' post='3101927']
You must have some serious board if you're approaching the limit of a Generator! I didn't think that would be possible, it puts out 5 amps!
[/quote]
I use a lot of digital effects. I just did the maths and im at a little over 4amps if i had my fill board set up (im missing a few midi/patch leads).

I always thought the point of having a pedal board was just that - chop and change all the time. Easy to remove connections and non-permanent hardware mounting makes it the perfect system for chopping and changing.

I've dabbled with pedal boards but I've never really stuck to it. The closest I can get is that I use a TC G-System for all of the usual suspects, but it has four switchable loops on board that allow me to insert any effects not on the G-System depending on gig. I also love it as it has an integrated power supply too, so the only thing at my feet is the controller. The brain, pedals, amp and power are all stowed away in a rack. Perfect for me but I can see how that wouldn't be ideal for everyone.

Below is a picture of the brain removed from the pedal board. It fixes to the board, or you install it in a gig rack. Best of both worlds maybe?

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1469906445' post='3101961']
I always thought the point of having a pedal board was just that - chop and change all the time. Easy to remove connections and non-permanent hardware mounting makes it the perfect system for chopping and changing.

I've dabbled with pedal boards but I've never really stuck to it. The closest I can get is that I use a TC G-System for all of the usual suspects, but it has four switchable loops on board that allow me to insert any effects not on the G-System depending on gig. I also love it as it has an integrated power supply too, so the only thing at my feet is the controller. The brain, pedals, amp and power are all stowed away in a rack. Perfect for me but I can see how that wouldn't be ideal for everyone.

Below is a picture of the brain removed from the pedal board. It fixes to the board, or you install it in a gig rack. Best of both worlds maybe?

[/quote]

Oh I get that but my board can change weekly depending on what pedals I have coming or think of using again

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1469982852' post='3102451']
Oh I get that but my board can change weekly depending on what pedals I have coming or think of using again
[/quote]

Indeed mine too! Certain effects I will always keep - Octave, Chorus, Flange, Phase, Reverb, Delay, Wah, Pitch Shift, Detune etc etc, so the G System provides that without having 30+ pedals to do those jobs. The loops then mean that the stuff which the G-System can't do at least can be controlled as a program patch. One button push to reconfigure, as I'm not in to leaning down to change settings mid song. - I'm about to add a Zoom MS60B that I can now control via MIDI too, which is going to give me access to even more daft noises with the option of remotely 'true bypass'ing to take it out of the path when I don't need.

Ultimately, each to their own and what they need - we all do stuff differently, but it's cool to share :)

• 2 weeks later...