Why become a member? ×

Rude not to....

Homerbronco

Say Hi to all of you and do the statutory "what am I" bit.

So the name is Steve and I live in mid Cornwall although I am a Surrey/South London boy at heart.

Old enough to have been turned onto music in late 60's early 70's with main love being rock from the usual suspects from that era e.g. Purple, Heep, Zep, Floyd and some prog especially Marillion in the 80's.

Talentless musically to the nth degree, but always loved the bass lines and keyboard more than the shouters and banjo players, and my aim when the retirement hits is to learn to play properly, or at least as properly as I want to for my own enjoyment, for that will be the limits of ambition. I have an Ibanez GSR200 SM in grey and a Blackstar ID:Core BEAM amp, so that I can put the 'phones on and annoy nobody as and when I get the chance, I also have a Yamaha MX49 synth, which again is woefully under used, but will be a retirement hobby [whenever that day arrives]

Having mooched around the forums here over the past few days the striking stand out is the humour, wit & banter and I hope that provided you can put up with a talent-less noob interjecting from time to time, to be able to add something to some of the discussions when relevant.

I was a mod on a sports forum for around a decade so am pretty well behaved, even if the toilet training leaves a bit to be desired these days! and my user name stems from that place.

Umm about it really, I work from home in an operations role for a global monolith software company, anything else that anybody vaguely wants to know, just ask.

Thanks for having me.

Hi Steve,

I recently joined the forum for very much the same reasons you did. For these past two weeks I've been on holiday just to the south of you. The weather leaves something to be desired, but it has been mild and I very much enjoyed the peace and natural splendour these parts have to offer. Lovely food, and people too!

Kind regards,

Daniel

Well spotted Sir, and cheers for the welcome.

Used to love the jaunts up to the Hammy to see Heep, and it was from that period of watching mssrs, Thain, Glover and Wetton that made me like the 4 string thing more than the 6, not that Mr Box wasn't entertaining to watch :)

[quote name='Danuman' timestamp='1467304923' post='3082721']
Hi Steve,

I recently joined the forum for very much the same reasons you did. For these past two weeks I've been on holiday just to the south of you. The weather leaves something to be desired, but it has been mild and I very much enjoyed the peace and natural splendour these parts have to offer. Lovely food, and people too!

Kind regards,

Daniel
[/quote] Hi Daniel, cheers for the welcome....... June never seems to be a great month down these parts [or elsewhere actually] but as you say, mild, and the pasties are always good whatever the season ;)