Why become a member? ×

Dr strings - cant find nickel lo-riders

rmcki

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1467330064' post='3082958']
I've seen 45-125's around. They generally sell faster than the 130's so most people either don't stock the 130 or just order in small numbers
[/quote]

Cheers, just founds some 125's at Thomann

[quote name='rmcki' timestamp='1467360151' post='3083030']

Cheers, just founds some 125's at Thomann
[/quote]

Looking expensive now following last week's referendum.

10% more than UK price (plus they charge for shipping and lots of UK people offer shipping for free) :(

I use the exact same strings on my Lull, always have to get them from an amazon seller - [url="https://www.amazon.co.uk/DR-Nickel-Lo-Riders-5-String-NMH5-130/dp/B001DEH44M/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467370116&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=low+rider+5+string+bass"]Clicky here![/url]
Price has gone up about £7 since I last ordered some though! :(

[quote name='Sammers' timestamp='1467370305' post='3083136']
I use the exact same strings on my Lull, always have to get them from an amazon seller - [url="https://www.amazon.co.uk/DR-Nickel-Lo-Riders-5-String-NMH5-130/dp/B001DEH44M/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467370116&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=low+rider+5+string+bass"]Clicky here![/url]
Price has gone up about £7 since I last ordered some though! :(
[/quote]

Cheers for that, i did want to use them, but est delivery was 1 week, how was delivery for you?

Edited by rmcki

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1467374866' post='3083195']
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DR-NMH5-130-LO-RIDER-NICKEL-BASS-STRINGS-MEDIUM-GAUGE-5-string-set-45-130-/131112241104?hash=item1e86e607d0:g:sMoAAOSwYaFWgt7S

You don't get stung for customs either.
[/quote]

Yip, being using bass specialties for a couple of years now, will never buy strings anywhere else. Takes about 10 days for them to arrive but totally worth it for the savings.

Do you play any slap? I find the Sunbeams the best I've played yet for plucking, due to the high tension, but not brilliant for slap. I have to work a lot harder to get the effect. Probably due to the tension more than anything else though! I'm looking for a string that plucks like a DR but slaps really easily, like a Dunlop Super Bright (which doesn't pluck particularly nicely as tension is insanely low).

[quote name='rmcki' timestamp='1467373285' post='3083175']
Cheers for that, i did want to use them, but est delivery was 1 week, how was delivery for you?
[/quote]

Yeah, delivery is about 1 week-ish. I'm never in any rush to get them though.

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1467382510' post='3083288']
Do you play any slap?
[/quote]

Lo-riders will, in theory, be higher tension to Sunbeams due to being hex core strings. Sayin' that I don't have any problems with slapping, on both 34" and 35" but I've been using higher tension strings for about 2 years now so i've kinda grown used to them B)