Why become a member? ×

SansAmp Para Driver DI & Darkglass B3K

bajistaman

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Hi Everyone! Need some advice.[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I was very happy using the SansAmp but I always found the distortion a bit weak so I went to my local store and tried B3k and Vintage from Darkglass but found the former better for what I was looking for (The Vintage was great but not enough money for both). When at home I tried both together using the SansAmp at the end found that it was making the distortion from B3K weak so I had to turn it off, so now is either I use one or the other. [/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Anyone has any experience using both?, Am I wrong thinking that I could use both together? (I always use the SansAmp as the preamp even through my amplifier using the return effect loop input)[/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Thanks a lot for your help![/font][/color]

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Johann[/font][/color]

Possible stupid question, and sounds kind of counter-intuitive, but have you tried them the other way round (i.e. Sansamp into B3K)? I know that when I had a B3K, and now with my RAT-based distortion, they worked/work better with a preamp driving them. With the preamp after, it always put a bandwidth on them which basically made them sound less good!...

I`ve not got the Para Driver Sansamp, but I have a regular Sansamp paired with an Aguilar Tonehammer DI. Our producer advised to get all eq from amp or other tone-shaping pedals, and just have the Sansamp set flat - and it works a treat that way.

I never di d get on with the two separately, but the way that I used the Sansamp was to run it in parallel with the distortion I was using at the time rather than in series. - I used a signal splitter to do so. The sound ended up being so much better than one in to the other. Maybe something to try?