Why become a member? ×

Zoot Allure

Joebethell

I had slimmed down all my basses to one main bass and a project.

I had an amp i was happy with.

I had moved house so the only thing missing was a new band,after a few enquiries and trips out to meet people i have found someone to play with then comes the rub!

My 30" scale passive semi really doesn't work for the band setup and with the music I'm going to be playing which is typical so the hunt was on for a 5string.

I have owned a Dingwall in the past and a Mike Lull PT5 (if i could have found one i would of got a PT5 again) but i spotted this in the sales pages a couple of months ago but the ad had been taken down. So I was cheeky and asked if it was still available and after a short conversation it was on its way across the channel to me.

I have heard good things about Zoot so thought it was worth the risk.(I didn't need to worry)

Its a Beast one of the most resonate basses acoustic I have ever known its almost as loud acoustic as my guild. plays great and although I'm more of a passive fan I'm really liking the EMG Pre amp i can get a great punchy mid tone like a jazz bridge pickup on steroids that sits in the band mix very very well.

Its got a bit of play since it was built in 2010 so I'm not worried about marks as a gigging bass and still need to give it a good clean especially the fret board as it has finger grot but I'm loving it and considering its a 34" scale the B is killer.

Here are some of the specs
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]made in the UK in 2010.[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Slab body made of ash, maple neck&fretboard,[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]EMG 40P5 neck pickup, EMG 40DC bridge pickup,[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]EMG BQC system preamp,[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]34 inch scale, 45 mm nut width, 17.5mm string spacing,[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]only 4.1 kg![/font][/color]

Edited by Joebethell

It was kind of based on a jazz bass I had at the time, ie a similar profile neck etc. originally it had bartolini soap bars paired with an East 2 band EQ. Sounded nice but a bit of a one trick pony, so I went for the EMG setup which improved it massively. Used it regularly for about 5 years on gigs and studio work then I acquired a rather lovely warwick 5 which I fell for and this bass became surplus. In an ideal world I'd have liked to have kept it but I'm glad it's being used and loved.