Why become a member? ×

Breathable Bass Straps - Extra wide

Dood

Hi all,

I'm really used to the usual hefty leather bass straps. I prefer and am looking for something at least 4" wide to spread as much of the weight evenly over my shoulder.

Now that the summer is here again and we, bass playing fraternity will no doubt be playing all sorts of sweat boxes up and down the country - does anyone have any ideas for bass straps that are made of a breathable material? I know Planet Waves do a webbing strap; I guess something like that.

Any ideas? Last gig I ended up with a bit sweat stripe all the way around my shirt using my heavy leather bass strap which has a suede underneath.

A couple of years ago I had my 'perfect' bass strap cut from a large piece of buffalo hide. This is 4" wide.

All & all it's great except I find it's just a smidgen too wide at the shoulder and can dig into the side of my neck, so just be careful with your measuring.

G.

I have used these for years and years, still my favourite though the new ones are slightly thinner leather.
Look up on Amazon for the GSL5 Jimmy Page strap, about 3.25" wide. Expensive now, maybe cheaper elsewhere.
The belt webbing length adjusted by individual 'webs'.

[quote name='mybass' timestamp='1467733016' post='3085740']
I have used these for years and years, still my favourite though the new ones are slightly thinner leather.
Look up on Amazon for the GSL5 Jimmy Page strap, about 3.25" wide. Expensive now, maybe cheaper elsewhere.
The belt webbing length adjusted by individual 'webs'.
[/quote]

That's getting on in the right direction yes! Lots of spaces to allow a bit of air flow!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure about breathability. Bit I have never sweated with one on. Imo the best strap is the Sadowsky. It's wide, it's super light, it will last a life time. It's made of neoprene. Its washable also. The only strap I will ever use.

Edited by bubinga5

I've been using Mono straps on my basses for a few years now. Medium length. Really comfortable, grippy and breathable. Even has a little pocket for plectrums!

http://greatbritishbasslounge.com/product/mono-gs1-strap-sharkskin/

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Iain' timestamp='1469697702' post='3100347']
I've been using Mono straps on my basses for a few years now. Medium length. Really comfortable, grippy and breathable. Even has a little pocket for plectrums!

[url="http://greatbritishbasslounge.com/product/mono-gs1-strap-sharkskin/"]http://greatbritishb...trap-sharkskin/[/url]
[/quote]

Same here..except mines long. :)