Why become a member? ×

Boss Bass Chorus CEB 3

Malcspring1

I assume that this has been done to death, but since I am a newbie to all things effects related then please indulge me for a second.
Just bought the above last week having previously purchased the standard chorus pedal CH1 on the advice of my bass playing buddy. Well I got the CH1 home and used it all night, but I just wasn't happy with it. I can't put my finger on it, but it just didn't do it for me. Well I phoned my other friend who owns the guitar shop where I got it and arranged to take it back and try out the bass equivalent (CEB 3). Well I thought i'd better take the Bongo with me so I could get a realistic representation of how the whole thing would sound in a real world situation. Well as it turned out I loved the sound that the bass chorus gave that the standard CH1 didn't. So moral of the story is don't always take advice from other people (Your ears may prefer different things to them) and try everything in the shop rather than just one thing. It will save you a lot in petrol money and time if and when you need to go back to try something else. Most definitely a lesson learned. In any case I am getting some fantastic sounds from the bass chorus now. Excellent.