Why become a member? ×

X32 Rack and setting up IEM mix buses

hi hopeing some of you knowledgable folk can help, ive already asked this on the Behringer site but hoping i might get a quick response here.

We recently upgraded our desk to the X32 Rack and are well happy with the sound we get from it. Been a bit of a learning curve from an analogue desk as it can do so much ( i dont operate the desk btw but i've been trying to get the IEMs working with the X32-Q iphone app. The problem we have is that even though we are getting a mix through to the IEMs and we can set the X32-Q app to the relevant mix buses/channels on the headphone amp we cant seem to control the volume of each channel on the app and worse still adjusting the sliders in the app can affect the FOH which it clearly shouldnt do, it can only turn the FOH up though not down. So we have so far had to go with what our guitarist (he does the mix setup) can give us.
So has anyone had experience with this desk and using the iphone app and may have come across this issue, its probably something simple we've setup wrong.

Can't help myself as I've never come across this with the x32 app (could you potentially connect some tablets to the x32 and use the x32 app rather than the x32 Q

alternatively maybe ask the question in this group on facebook its an owners group and hopefully someone should be able to help

[url="https://www.facebook.com/groups/BehringerX32/"]https://www.facebook.com/groups/BehringerX32/[/url]

we only use the X32-Q app for monitor mixes (thats all its designed for) and do the main setup of the desk with an ipad, though i'm wondering if we need to do the main setup with a computer and do the final tweaking FOH with the Ipad.
i'm not on facebook but maybe i'll have to do that to get some answers

I have no experience wiith the X32 and aren't familiar with it's menu system but you may find switching pre / post only applies to the given channel you have selected and not globally. All the Yamaha consoles I've used are like this so it may be worth a double check..

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1467772001' post='3086123']
Do bloody tons of gigs on X32s. If you save your show file and email it to me I'll happily have a quick look at how its configured and send it back with any changes I think it needs to make it work.
[/quote]

Superb! :D

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1467772001' post='3086123']
Do bloody tons of gigs on X32s. If you save your show file and email it to me I'll happily have a quick look at how its configured and send it back with any changes I think it needs to make it work.
[/quote]
excellent, thanks
can you get the show files off an ipad?

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get a notification of your reply, sorry mate! You can get them by saving direct to a USB drive from the X32, or from the PC/Mac editor. No facility to export them from the iPad app. Drop them to mail(at)weareboom.co.uk and I'll have a look!