Why become a member? ×

NCD - Barefaced Two10

discreet

[b][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]NCD - Barefaced Two10[/font][/size][/b]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][url="http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/retro-two10.htm"]http://barefacedbass...retro-two10.htm[/url][/font][/size][list]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Dimensions:[/b] 15" X 24" X 13" (38cm X 61cm X 33cm)[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Weight:[/b] 28lbs (13kg)[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Sensitivity[/b]: 98db[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Usable Frequency Range:[/b] 30Hz - 6kHz[/font][/size]
[*][b]Drivers:[/b][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] 10CR250 10" X 2[/font]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Amp Power:[/b] 100-500W RMS (safe up to 800W with clean sounds)[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Output:[/b] -125db[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Impedance:[/b] 4 ohms[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Price:[/b] £499 + shipping + cloth grille = £569[/font][/size]
[/list]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Initial impressions are very good. I'll hold off on a cab review until I've gigged it on Sunday. I may review it as part of a rig and include my views on the Markbass SA450 I'll be using it with. Yes, I know it's been discontinued. I'm nothing if not cutting-edge, me... :rolleyes: [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Meanwhile, here are some pics:[/font]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='smaz' timestamp='1467728167' post='3085671']
Interesting - did you tell them it would be an only cab, or that you wanted to stack it vertically?

The logo usually (or used to be) parallel to the handle.

I kinda like it your way :)

[/quote]

You can spec it that way - I will be doing the same when I place my order for one :)

Edit - or I'll just buy Mark's when he decides to change it for a Four10 :P

Edited by Merton

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1467726428' post='3085653']
[b][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]NCD - Barefaced Two10[/font][/size][/b]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][url="http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/retro-two10.htm"]http://barefacedbass...retro-two10.htm[/url][/font][/size][list]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Dimensions:[/b] 15" X 24" X 13" (38cm X 61cm X 33cm)[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Weight:[/b] 28lbs (13kg)[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Sensitivity[/b]: 98db[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Usable Frequency Range:[/b] 30Hz - 6kHz[/font][/size]
[*][b]Drivers:[/b][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] 10CR250 10" X 2[/font]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Amp Power:[/b] 100-500W RMS (safe up to 800W with clean sounds)[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Output:[/b] -125db[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Impedance:[/b] 4 ohms[/font][/size]
[*][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Price:[/b] £499 + shipping + cloth grille = £569[/font][/size]
[/list]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Initial impressions are very good. I'll hold off on a cab review until I've gigged it on Sunday. I may review it as part of a rig and include my views on the Markbass SA450 I'll be using it with. Yes, I know it's been discontinued. I'm nothing if not cutting-edge, me... :rolleyes: [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Meanwhile, here are some pics:[/font]

[/quote]

you sir have a problem :P

very nice looking cab, can you stack you one ten on top for extra faceness?

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1467728287' post='3085673']
The new Barefaced cabs work like smartphones. When you turn them on their sides, the logo automatically relocates to stay legible.
[/quote]

That Alex fella is darn clever................

[quote name='smaz' timestamp='1467728167' post='3085671']
...did you tell them it would be an only cab, or that you wanted to stack it vertically?
[/quote]

I told them it would be a single cab solution, hence 4ohms -
and I also told them I'd want to use it vertically, hence the logo in the 'One10' position.

[quote name='lowhand_mike' timestamp='1467728890' post='3085685']
...can you stack your one ten on top for extra faceness?
[/quote]

The Two10 is 4ohms and the One10 is 8ohms - I don't have an amp that could cope with 2.66ohms.
And as I don't actually have the One10 any more anyway, it's a moot point. :lol:

Edited by discreet

[quote name='mep' timestamp='1467745445' post='3085885']
I have one and it is very clear and loud. Amazing for the size.
[/quote]

It is! Even though it's more than twice the size of the One10, it still seems very tiny given the huge sound that comes out of it. :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1467744773' post='3085871']
And as I don't actually have the One10 any more anyway, it's a moot point. :lol:
[/quote]

ah, furry muff
but i stand by my assumption you have a problem and by the fact the one ten has gone youve..... you get the idea :rolleyes:

suppose the natural progression here is a 4x10, you know you want to :ph34r:

Edited by lowhand_mike

[quote name='lowhand_mike' timestamp='1467753564' post='3086006']
...suppose the natural progression here is a 4x10, you know you want to :ph34r:
[/quote]

Nah, I'm not a 4X10 person. I am however an 8X10 person, but even I think that would be overkill for a country band. ;) If I were going to play RAWK I'd either go for an Eight10 or possibly three Two10s. With an Ampeg SVT-CL. But the Two10 seems as if it will most likely be more than adequate for my current needs.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1467754216' post='3086011']

Nah, I'm not a 4X10 person. I am however an 8X10 person, but even I think that would be overkill for a country band. ;) If I were going to play RAWK I'd either go for an Eight10 or possibly three Two10s. With an Ampeg SVT-CL. But the Two10 seems as if it will most likely be more than adequate for my current needs.
[/quote]

Damn.

(See my post above ;))

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1467754216' post='3086011']
[/quote]
you sure, cos the barefaced 4x10 is like 2 2x10s in one handy package, just with a bit more heft, and we all like a bit more heft :gas:

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1467754390' post='3086014']
Damn.
[/quote]
[quote name='lowhand_mike' timestamp='1467755045' post='3086023']
...you sure, cos the barefaced 4x10 is like 2 2x10s in one handy package, just with a bit more heft, and we all like a bit more heft :gas:
[/quote]

Well I'm not a [i]regular [/i]4X10 guy... but as you say, a Barefaced 4X10 is a completely different kettle of fish... hmm... dammit. Oh well, I've got a month to think about it and get the extra cash together. :D

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1467755592' post='3086032']
Well I'm not a [i]regular [/i]4X10 guy... but as you say, a Barefaced 4X10 is a completely different kettle of fish... hmm... dammit. Oh well, I've got a month to think about it and get the extra cash together. :D
[/quote]
think of it this way, if you got snother 2x10 you would have a modular rig but you would have to stack them vertically, could see that falling over, 4x10 nah worries

[quote name='lowhand_mike' timestamp='1467756621' post='3086045']
think of it this way, if you got another 2x10 you would have a modular rig but you would have to stack them vertically...
[/quote]

I wouldn't [i]have [/i]to stack them vertically. As long as they were the same I wouldn't suffer [i]too [/i]much OCD. :D
I'd also need an amp that would happily run at 2ohms, too.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1467756739' post='3086049']
I wouldn't [i]have [/i]to stack them vertically. As long as they were the same I wouldn't suffer [i]too [/i]much OCD. :D
I'd also need an amp that would happily run at 2ohms, too.
[/quote]

oh yeah forgot about that :blink: but if you didnt stack them vertically and you did have an amp that could run at 2 ohms you have the phase cancellation that the 4x10 doesnt suffer from :o

[quote name='lowhand_mike' timestamp='1467763435' post='3086110']
...if you didnt stack them vertically and you did have an amp that could run at 2 ohms you have the phase cancellation that the 4x10 doesn't suffer from.
[/quote]

Don't think so, the Two10 has the line array thing going on, just like the Four10. If that's what you mean.

I run my Retro 2x10s with a Carvin B1000 that happily runs at 2 ohms and was recommended by fellow Basschatters Eude and Merton (thanks again guys!) Before that I was using each at 4ohms on the two channels of my Ashdown LG1000. I've never noticed any phase cancellation, but I rarely run them both because 1x 210 cab is usually monster enough for most of the gigs I play.

I find having it on its side (vertical - my badge is opposite to Discreet's) is good for boomy rooms or quiet gigs, but I usually prefer put it flat (both drivers next to each other) to maintain the low end warmth I love.

I hope you enjoy it! I've had mine nearly 18 months and I love them!