Why become a member? ×

Hipshot KickAss Bridge

nash

All fitted. I must say I was a bit apprehensive about the bridge at first.

So far so good. I've now got a super low action with minimal buzz. The darker tone comments make a bit more sense now. It does appear to smooth everything over. My precision has a nice rich creamy tone now but still retains that classic full open P snarl. I'm tempted to get a couple more to fit to my other basses now! It does add a fair bit of weight in my opinion though.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I fitted one to my Zodiac BXP at the weekend. I tried both the brass and the stainless steel saddles and the difference was huge. Not what I expected! Brass made it sound really fat and warm, and tamed a lot of the upper mid-range and highs. Steel made it sound almost the same as the stock bridge, very open and with a focus on upper mid-range punch (exactly what I was Looking for). Except it still made everything sound "bigger", "warmer", and I no longer had a lack of low end when I played up the dusty end of the neck.

Weight is obviously more than the stock bridge but this bass has a very subtle neck dive issue. Not enough to cause issues but it's definitely balanced a lot better now! All in all I think it was a decent upgrade, and hopefully I won't have to keep replacing worn saddles and breaking strings like I usually do!