Why become a member? ×

Feedback for Karlfer

Gunsfreddy2003

• 1 month later...

Karl just drove oh err about 2000 miles to bring me his Rockinbetter, what a lovely bloke to deal with. Had a good chat and I'm blown away with the bass.

Absolute gentleman, scholar and acrobat. Would highly recommend, even trusted me to put the money in his bank after he'd gone!

Deal with confidence :)

• 2 months later...

After being unintentionally tipped the wink by [i]lemmywinks[/i] :) , I had the great pleasure of meeting Karl yesterday and relieving him of his Ashdown MAG300 C210T combo at a superb price.

As the others have said above, a lovely chap to deal with, absolutely no pressure whatsoever (quite the opposite in fact), and great to have a natter with.

• 2 months later...

Once again Karl has driven many miles to mine to collect his new bass, lovely, lovely guy to deal with and as others have said he is a shining example of why this site is so good! ^_^

Many thanks Karl, I hope you enjoy it!

best regards, Tom.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Exchanged Amp Heads with Karl today, A top bloke to deal with. Karl took a 1 hour drive down to my house today and arrived as planned with a quick call before hand to say he was on route.

Once here it was obvious Karl looks after his gear.

It was a real pleasure to meet you today Karl and wish you all the very best for the future.

Cheers buddy

Justin. :)

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just met up with Karl to pick up my nice, new, shiny precision.

The bass is awesome, if anything Karl undersold it's condition, it is really superb.

Karl was dead easy to deal with and waited while I could organise collection without asking for payment.

I would have no hesitation dealing with him again and would highly recommend anyone else to deal with Karl with total confidence.

Many thanks!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

A big thank you to Karl for the Orange SP212.

The cab is in pristine, as new condition just as he said it was and was packed better than most shops would bother to.

Karl replied promptly to all my queries and is a top guy to deal with.

He deserves a special mention for going out of his way to make sure I had the cab before this weekend.( I wont go into the exact details). I had mentioned to him that I had a gig on saturday night, and would love to have my new rig to use on the night, with no fuss he arranged a 24 hr delivery and I'll be blasting my new Orange set up at the gig.

Highly recommended, and an absolute pleasure to deal with. Did I mention he was a top bloke?

Edited by DeeC16

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bought his Ashdown Klystron 500,
I got the head and a complete lesson on how to use it! 100% happy with the purchase and would definitely do business again!
Really top guy and the amp is near enough in new condition!

I'm definitely hoping to stay in touch, Thanks very much Karl!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bought Karl's Berg HT322 cab today. He undersold this cab IMHO. It is in mint condition.
Had a great afternoon chatting about basses as you do and his wife makes a fantastic cup of coffee (another fine Scot - enough said)
Karl even left the room to let me test the cab on my own with his new EBS TD650 amp and his Lakland Jazz bass.
Transaction went perfect.
No issues with the cab and when i got home the difference between this and my AE112 cabs is quite noticeable having far more depth and low end punch.
I'm chuffed to bits.
If you get a chance to deal with Karl then jump at it in confidence. Genuine no hassle guy. The way all deals should be.

Nice selection of basses there too with his newly acquired Donald "Duck" Dunn precision. Very nice.

All the very best Karl and thanks for making us feel very much at home with you both today.
PS Hope you bought your wife something nice.

Cheers and thanks again.
Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I have bought a rick copy from this guy, and everything was fine, great contact, quick shipping and i even recieved some extras. There is one issue - he told me that this is solid body but this is plywood.

I gently informed him about it that i wouldn't pay that much for ply and i think this is not fair, and he became angry and told me to ship it back, and said that he will never send anything outside UK. Why? I SHOULD BE ANGRY not him. I wasted a week waiting or package and now next week waiting for money. I think it would be better and cheaper if he will refund me 50GBP. And i can delete this post earlier.

[quote name='Mathew Piotrowski' timestamp='1335343382' post='1629419']
I have bought a rick copy from this guy, and everything was fine, great contact, quick shipping and i even recieved some extras. There is one issue - he told me that this is solid body but this is plywood.

I gently informed him about it that i wouldn't pay that much for ply and i think this is not fair, and he became angry and told me to ship it back, and said that he will never send anything outside UK. Why? I SHOULD BE ANGRY not him. I wasted a week waiting or package and now next week waiting for money. I think it would be better and cheaper if he will refund me 50GBP. And i can delete this post earlier.
[/quote]

Do not delete this post or the 3 PAGES of PM's between us. I can speak for myself and I certainly won't bow to what seems to be thinly veiled blackmail. You say it's plywood, I believe it is not. I am under the understanding that Kasuga never made plywood basses.
I have offered you a full refund including the cost of couriering back to me.
You have posted in the wanted section for Japanese basses, plural. I know that Rickenbacker copy basses go for the equivalent of 700 Euros in Poland. I wouldn't like to jump to conclusions.
I am not surprised that you have decided a £50 refund would solve this matter.
It doesn't for me! I have offered you more back than is legally required.
Send me the bass back and I will refund if it arrives in the condition I sent it to you.
The Mods no doubt will have access to my PM's, if not, I am quite happy to print off, scan and send to them.
This is only the second time I have sold anything outside of the UK and Ireland. I can only speak as I find, both of those transactions have been nightmares.
And yes, I am upset!
Karl
Original ebay advert of this very bass.
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330680516684"]http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=330680516684[/url]

Edit, quote Julius, Facebook, Poland;
"I didn't even ask for, just got offer 700€ - in my country it's normal price for Rikenfaker".

You got a very good deal. You got a hard case, a Geddy Lee scratchplate and a strap, all thrown in, all not part of the original offer.

Edited by karlfer

this ones goes for 2500zł in poland - that is 480GBP - 30 for shipping -450 - So if i sell it i will earn 50!!! - switch which you said s broken. I don't want to sell it. I'm looking for good rick copy for myself.- switch which you said s broken

here is your solid wood:

[url="http://www.voila.pl/078/okhu3/index.php?get=1&f=1"]http://www.voila.pl/...x.php?get=1&f=1[/url]
[url="http://www.voila.pl/080/uhfdn/index.php?get=1&f=1"]http://www.voila.pl/...x.php?get=1&f=1[/url]
[url="http://www.voila.pl/081/hppa4/index.php?get=1&f=1"]http://www.voila.pl/...x.php?get=1&f=1[/url]

From my side everything was fair.

Exept for ply everything was ok from you. As i said i don't want to mess around with shipping it back to you. So please stop being upset. Everything was covered with copper tape so you couldn't see it. Here is good shot: http://www.voila.pl/087/fj52s/index.php?get=1&f=1 . As i said i prefer refund and everything will be fine and i can write a positive feedback. those are your words when i asked is it's solid or ply: "[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Kasuga did not make any basses from plywood, these are top instruments of their time, certainly as well made as Ibanez."[/font][/color]

I`d like to add a few words here.

Karl had expressed interest in a bass I was selling, so I offered to put the sale on hold for him. He very decently declined the offer, saying he didn`t want to get in the way of me getting a definite sale.

That is totally genuine, in my view.