Why become a member? ×

Sold - Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5 String - £200 Delivered
£700

NickD

I think I've pretty much settled on wider string spacing nowadays, so the narrow guys need to go.

Corvette 5 - Sold.

[color=#3C3241]Warwick RockBass Streamer 5 String Bass, in high polish black. Carolena body, Maple & Ekanga neck and rosewood fingerboard. 34" scale with 16.5 mm string spacing, adjustable to around 17mm if required. [/color]
[color=#3C3241]It's the late model with full German Warwick hardware and the standard Warwick 'W' Headstock. MEC Passive soapbar pickups with VVT controls. Nice fat passive tones, plays very easily, and has a pretty tight and articulate B string. [/color]
[color=#3C3241]I bought this for a particular recording project a couple of years ago, and it's only ever done studio work so it's in excellent condition, but it has swirling as is always the case with high gloss black finishes. No fret wear, and the electronics are sound, no crackle or hum from pickups, pots or jack. I've got a, ahem, 'roadworn' (ie, solid, but dusty,[/color][color=#3C3241] torn covering, gaffa tape, etc) old hardcase, that while no great shakes will get it from me to you in relative safety.[/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Would also consider trades for lighter weight amplification stuff. As much as I love my old faithful 1 x 15 Trace Combo, getting down the stairs from the flat is a manual handling hazard waiting to happen, and I could probably pull together a few hundred quid to move towards a more portable option that would give me similar volume and bottom end.[/font][/color]

[color=#3C3241]As above, collection preferred, but happy to look at couriering at buyers expense. I'm in Harrow, work in central London, and I'm also happy to look at halfway meetups over a sensible distance.[/color]

[color=#3C3241]£200[/color]

[attachment=223129:Streamer 1.jpg]
[attachment=223130:Streamer 2.jpg]

Happy to take/send any specific pictures on request.

Edited by NickD

Thanks Richard. You're not the only one who suffers, I've only ever had 5 strings since the early 90s, and yet I weirdly still get pretty bad 4 string GAS, knowing full well it's not a good idea... This place doesn't help!

As for the Corvette, I love the sound and the feel of it, but with my fat hands I always end up playing one of my 19mms, 16.5 is just a touch too tight for my clumsy attempts!

LOL, I know the feeling. I'm selling a Thumb. I've got the saddles adjusted out to 19mm, but it's on the neck that I find I fret the wrong strings and it all falls apart.
Somehow I can groove on a 4, but not on a 5..

GLWTS

Hi Alan. My apologies but it was collected last night, I meant to update the ad this morning but with packing to go away I didn't get around to it. I'm on a ferry at the moment with patchy signal, but I'll update as soon as I can. Sorry about that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumpage! :)

Would also consider trades for lighter weight amplification stuff. As much as I love my old faithful 1 x 15 Trace Combo, getting down the stairs from the flat is a manual handling hazard waiting to happen, and I could probably pull together a few hundred quid to move towards a more portable option that would give me similar volume and bottom end.