Why become a member? ×

SOLD Spector NSCRFM5 in natural oil quilted FS/FT £820 postage included.
£900

mrtcat

[b]£800 COLLECTED OR £820 POSTED WHILST SOMETHING I REALLY WANT IS UP FOR SALE ON HERE[/b]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Spector NSCRFM5 in natural oil quilted maple fitted with an East U Retro deluxe. [/font][/color]

I've um'd and ah'd about this endlessly because it's a thing of beauty but have finally decided to sell. Bottom line is that I'm using a 5 string for about one song in 30 so really don't need such a posh one. I'll be looking to pick up a cheap 5er once this goes.

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The East preamp [/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]seems to smooth out the Spector aggressive treble and has a much more refined high end than the normal Euros it has an inbuilt EQ curve that adds low end, also parametric mids and a high treble boost ( which adds a lot of bite and is great for adding a bit of aggression for slap). [/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass is an older model and is one of the early 35" scale models before it was chan[/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ged to the Euro LX. It has the full quilted maple wings,brass bridge and EMG DC pickups as featured on the USA versions. The core sound is completely Spector it has that very articulate growl and Hi FI high end, but the East adds a bit more tight bottom end and warmth giving a very clear fat and balanced sound (it does a great stanley Clarke impression when you dig in high up the board). It's sound is very very close to the USA versions ( the Euro LX has alder and maple aswell as the ceramic/steel pickups which gives a more traditional sound) the east preamp is a lot more versatile than the Haz labs or tone pump pres, as you have complete control of the mid range. The all maple construction gives it a very clear treble anyway, it also has an oil finish which I use a very high quality carnauba wax. It is in very good condition and is set up really nicely. [/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Comes with Hiscox hard case and you're welcome to come try it out. Postage (fully insured and well packaged) to mainland UK included in price or I'll deliver in person or meet up within 75 miles of NN12 (South Northants - Silverstone area).[/font][/color]

Only trade I'm interested in would be for a musicman stingray 4 string.

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Recording here is direct into interface with everything set flat and both pickups [/font][/color][url="https://soundcloud.com/tom-caswell-3/spector-flat"]https://soundcloud.c...-3/spector-flat[/url]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][attachment=223221:IMG_7530.JPG] [attachment=223222:IMG_7531.JPG] [attachment=223223:IMG_7532.JPG] [attachment=223224:IMG_7533.JPG] [attachment=223225:IMG_7534.JPG] [attachment=223226:IMG_7535.JPG] [attachment=223227:IMG_7536.JPG] [attachment=223228:IMG_7537.JPG][/font][/color]

Edited by mrtcat

Having had several NS5XLs, Euro5s and NSCRFM5s, I can vouch that the NSCRFM comes closer to the US versions than to Euros (not that they are bad basses). Very nice, I still miss my Spectors on occasion, very very good instruments.

With a slight change in financial situation I will now consider sensible cash offers or trades for the following:

4 string stingray
Limelight jazz basses

Edited by mrtcat