Why become a member? ×

NPD - In praise of the Radial BassBone OD

sk8

Picked one of these up last week. Been curious about them since they were announced but never really had a need for one. Till now......

Did my research and thankfully there are some better demo's out there now and not just the dodgy NAMM ones, even one by our very own DooD! Endorsed by Rex Brown and Alex Webster so it must be cool :lol:

Anyway, I play in two distinct bands, one Rock with an electric and one acoustic with a Godin so wanted something that could cover both of these and give me a DI as the electric gig may go to no backline.

Its very feature heavy but the main things that piqued my interest were the PZB booster on channel one, the drag control and of course the OD. I've owned a v1 Bassbone before but felt it limiting for me personally as it only had the one EQ; step up Bassbone OD with two, one ofr each of the channels. It also has selectable mid frequency and a HPF. Other goodies include an Effects Loop, mute switch and headphone amp.

For the rock band I need a bit of dirt for a few songs (Motorhead, Muse) but mainly play clean so thought this could replace my dirt on the pedal board. Anyway I arrived at band practive ready to AB the Bassbone OD with my current set up and dirt only to find my pedal board power supply wouldn't work and it was too far to go and get a replacement. Argh! Anyway I evetually hooked up the Bassbone OD as it had its own 15volt supply and use the 9 volt supply for my Mic Mechanic for my tuner. So signal chain was Bass - Bassbone OD - Amp with the tuner out connected to my um tuner!

Well it saved my bacon! Great sounds form the unit, I was able to mute easily and tune as required and the Dirt was really great. Its very tweakable and can go from subtle OD to near Fuzz with the tone control up plus the wet/dry mix is great. Didn't use the PZB boost function but I was extremely pleased with my sound. I'm also looking to recording with this too. For me its my ideal tool as Its got built in dirt that can give you different flavours and a great eq.

Looking forward to using this on my acoustic gig.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1469044328' post='3095389']
Thank you :) And yes, great pedal. Liked it a lot!!
[/quote]

Gigged this last weekend and it was by far the best tone I have ever had. Can't get over how useful this is and well worth the price of admission. They have really worked on the OD part and its super useable and musical.