Why become a member? ×

Anybody make custom waterslide decal headstock logos?

dannybuoy

I've found a few potential suppliers on eBay but wondered if anyone on here was into making custom decals? Ideally a modern style US Fender logo but with Pretender Bass next to it. Got a little bitsa project on the way and would like an authentic-yet-obviously-fake looking logo on it!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1468342059' post='3090310']
Rothko and Frost do quality custom decals. That is, if you haven't found them already.
[/quote]

Thanks, these look perfect!

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1468344021' post='3090328']
Why not have a bash at making your own?
[url="http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/.-Inkjet-Water-Slide-Decal-Paper_151.htm"]http://www.craftycom...l-Paper_151.htm[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks for the link, but I think I'd rather go elsewhere that can provide proper metallic inks, also the Rothko and Frost ones state they use much thinner paper than traditional waterslide paper which should make it easier to blend in!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1468345869' post='3090349']
Thanks, these look perfect!

Thanks for the link, but I think I'd rather go elsewhere that can provide proper metallic inks, also the Rothko and Frost ones state they use much thinner paper than traditional waterslide paper which should make it easier to blend in!
[/quote]

They just made me some for my Fender Jazz, a superb job, the only downside is they they are incredibly thin, perfect for painting over but difficult to apply; I ordered 2 and screwed the first one even after a practice with the blank bit supplied