Why become a member? ×

SOLD: BBE Freq Boost (treble boost)- new in box
£60

For sale is a brand new in box BBE Freq Treble boost pedal complete with 9v power supply (US plug so will need an adaptor). I bough this years ago and forgot about it. It's the closest thing you'll get to the original boost used by Rory Gallagher, Brian May etc. and was based on the 60's treble boost pedals for soloing etc.

No longer available so a rare chance to buy one in new condition.

Spec:

In the days before purpose-built high-gain amps, players used boosters to drive their tubes harder. The single op-amp Freq Boost is patterned after treble boosters of yore and is effective at pushing the front end of a tube amp. Unlike the Clean Boost, the Freq Boost adds presence to the tone by pushing the highs. This was evident when I used the pedal in front of a tube amp on the brink of distortion. With the Freq Boost's volume control set at 12 o'clock, the pedal produced minimal gain but delivered more detail and punch from the guitar, giving the tone a nice, bluesy edge. Pushing the pedal harder produced a dark, driven crunch sound that was great for lead playing. No matter where I set its volume control, the Freq Boost brought my tone out front without making it too harsh. If you have a good tube amp and want to kick it harder, this pedal is a must.

I'm looking for £50 inc postage

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

• 1 month later...