Why become a member? ×

Tried an Orange Bass Terror

nash

I used one for a couple of gigs back in May while my head was being repaired and I hated it. I spent a good while trying to dial in a tone I liked on the first night and came up with nothing, so the following night I just plugged in and played. It sounded better the second night but still not to my liking. I was using my Precision and the bassist from the band we were playing with was using a Jazz and it sounded better.

Yep def marmite, I had one and needed a Sansamp with it to get the sound I wanted, but I heard Burrito use his a couple of times with different bands and it sounded perfect in both - and the bands were very different to each other indeed.

The EQ, while limited, needs to be set correctly to get the best out of it. I understand it's closest to flat with the bass and treble all the way down and the Mus all the way up. I max my mids, bass at 9 o'clock and treble at 2 o'clock.

Still, I nearly always put some kind of dirt pedal before it to get the sound I want!