Why become a member? ×

Phaser pedal experts- after a particular sound wanted

Sibob

I'm after a particular Phaser sound and wondered if anyone had happened across it.
Essentially I would like the phaser to run low to high as it normally does, but then reset back to low to high as opposed to descending again, the exact sound can be heard on our track at 2:19 (although feel free to listen to all of it) :

https://corybantic.bandcamp.com/track/landlubber

That's obviously a particular plugin we used, and I have a simply Ibanez Phaser for live, but would like to try and get closer to it.

Perhaps knows of a particular TC Toneprint which could do it?

Si

Possibly useful in conjunction with other pedals, the Copilot Broadcast has that rise/cut pattern, as depicted in the fully clockwise setting

[Img] http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg580/christopher_brown14/rackbags/broadcastscreen_zpsw424pimt.png" class="ipsImage" />

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1468687216' post='3092698']
Interesting, although doesn't that run into the expression in of another pedal?

Si
[/quote]

Sorry yes, that's what I meant by being 'possibly useful in conjunction with other pedals'
If you control it with a LPF, the possibilities are huge, depending on what you put before the LPF.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys!
Typically I have a Line6 M5 but use it on a different board.
The Wolfbliss stuff is amazing, but a bit overkill for me. The Old Ibanez Phaser I'm ysing is fine for now, but looking to pick up a PH-3 I think.

Cheers
Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1469643064' post='3100016']
Cheers guys!
Typically I have a Line6 M5 but use it on a different board.
[/quote]

I love my M5, not found a use for a lot of the sounds but there's a few absolute gems and I can always find something when I'm asked to "do something weird".

I'd suggest getting a backup but a stand alone pedal might give you a better sound so the PH3 seems like a good choice. Hope it works out for you.